"Oh my God!" a voice from behind suddenly "Is that my BABY, Eva Rosewell?"

Tall and busty Brittany Oxford, nearly stumbling over her own feet as she sprang from the fountain ledge, and she collided into Eva with a hug. Around her, her boyfriend David Lancard, his friend Paul Brennan, and his girlfriend, Chasity Daniels, all rose to greet Eva excitedly, eager to hear about her vacation in Orlando, complementing her fetching tan, telling her how beautiful she looked. Aubrey stood sheepishly to the side, maintaing a smile but staring evenly at all of Eva's friends whom she barely knew. She wasn't exactly a fan of being in crowds, so she felt out of place.

Eva, however, loved people, and she loved attention- which she got wherever she went.

After a few moments, Aubrey was finally acknowledged. Brittany spun around, her black hair swinging towards Aubrey. "Hey Aubrey!" she said with a bright smile and a wave.

Aubrey forced a greatful smile as Brittany squeezed her with a hug, as Eva turned to Chasity.

Brittany Oxford was the party animal of Lakewood. She lived in an enormous mansion with her mother who was an extrememly successful business woman, her father who was an exalted movie directior, and her two little brothers, who were twins. Her parents were always away at work, and her brothers were often at their grandmother's, which gave Brittany perfect opportunities to throw lunatic, unforgettable bashes for absolutely any occassion. She associated herself with people who were just like her, her rebellious boyfriend, David, who would often not go home for days at a time, and her best friend, Chasity.

Chasity was a short five-foot-one, with blemish-free light brown skin, brown eyes and thick, curly hair. She had a belly-ring, and the first day back, she and Brittany practically wore the same thing- light colored cropped tees, and high waisted shorts. The two of them were nearly almost in sync when it came to outfits.

"So, Eva," Chasity said with gleaming eyes. "I heard you and Max are back together." She grinned wide, and Eva barely shielded a blush.

"My God," Eva breathed with a grin as she looked at the sky. Aubrey smirked and nudged Eva playfully.

"Yes, we are."

"How did that happen?" Brittany jumped in eagerly. "You two were broken up for a long time."

They were referring to Maxwell Cohen, Eva's on and off boyfriend since the tenth grade, who had managed to win her back for a third time on a rainy night in August, shortly after she'd gotten back home from Orlando. He had arrived at her front door, completely unexpectadly, with a bouqet of roses and a poem he had written for her, describing how he felt incomplete without her, and he plead for another chance. He had looked so cute and sincere with his damp hair laying on his face as rain fell on him, but he seemed oblivious to it, and Eva couldn't resist his offer.

"We're going to try to work it out, one last time," is all Eva would tell them.

"I am so happy for you," Chasity said preening. She looked around mysteriously. "Just be aware. Keep him in check, you know how many girls around here want him."

Eva rolled her eyes, remembering the exact reason they had broken up in the first place. She arched one perfect eyebrow and folded her arms over each other. "I know that, Chasity. But I don't need to hound Max like a dog. He's only got eyes for me. I mean, come on." She placed her hands at her sides. "I'm Eva Rosewell."

After the sound of the bell, a low, monotone noise, Aubrey and Eva walked together through the yard towards the front doors of the school. They stopped by people as if they were at a museum. Junior guys and a few seniors Aubrey did not know practically waited in line to give her hugs.