6

*Mike's P.O.V.*

I'm sitting in the armchair opposite Jessica in our living room trying to get her to open up to me. I can't bare to see my baby sister like this, well she's only a year younger than me but she's still my baby sister. It's been a month and she still wont tell anyone what happened.

I call her name once more in hopes that this time she'll look at me. She jerks her head up and runs her tiny hands through her blond hair. Her green eyes are red and filled with tears from crying all day. I give her a sympathetic look and force a smile.

"Jess, please tell me what's wrong." I say trying to calm her down. She begins to wipe tears from her eyes and looks at me.

"I've told you a million times Mike, nothing's wrong with me." She says with a lot of unnecessary attitude. The she tries to walk away, I wont let her though. I grab her wrist and pull her towards me.

"You are not going anywhere until you tell me what that jerk said to make you so upset." I was practically growling at her.

"He didn't say anything. I lied okay, Jake isn't the person that made me upset." I give her a confused look and she walks away.

If Jake isn't the one making her act like this, then who the hell is?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Mike's P.O.V.*

I stare at Mike in utter confusion. Chris wasn't the one making Jess cry? That can't be true. It has to be a lie because I called him last night and yelled at him for making Jess upset, if it isn't true then I don't know what I'm going to say to Chris to make him forgive me.

"What the hell do you mean Jess lied?" I ask. My voice is filled with anger.

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I just thought I'd tell you before you did anything rash."

"It's too late for that now, I already yelled at Chris for making her cry. He was acting like he didn't know what was going on."

"That's because he didn't Alayna." I sit on my bed with my hands cupping my face. How could Jess do something like that, something has to be really upsetting her. She wouldn't ever do that to me. Oh God, Chris is gonna fucking hate me. First the picture and now this, This long distance relationship isn't working out like I thought it would. I'll have to make a call later and apologize for being an absolute bitch last night.

I decide that now is the right time to call Chris being that Mike just left and wouldn't be able to hear anything.

I punch in the numbers and put the phone to my ear waiting for the dial tone.

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.

"Hello?" His voice was soft and beautiful, it rang like a melody in my ears.

"Chris. It's me, Alayna."

Silence.

"What do you want?" He asks, screaming quietly. Even while he's upset his voice is beautiful.

"I want to apologize for last night Chris. I really thought Jess was telling the truth, but I guess not."

"Alayna"

"You don't have to say anything, I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry." A lump was forming in my throat, the tears were buring in my eyes and begging for release. I realize now that I'm in complete love with him.

So I had to do it, for his sake. I had to make this sacrifice becase I love him. He'll hurt for a while,but he'll realize that he's too good for me. I can't just keep hurting him, It's time to let go.

"Chris?"

"Yes?" His voice was now calm, just the way I need it.

"Do you love me?" I ask even though I know the answer. I just want to hear him say it one more time.

"Of course I love you Layna." I can't hold them back anymore, the tears are falling hard.

"I love you too. That's why I can't be with you anymore, I keep hurting you. And that's unfair because you've been nothing but amazing to me."

"Are we breaking up?" He asks quietly. I sigh and close my eyes.

"Just until you get back. I don't deserve you Chris."

"Alayna I don't care--"

"Goodbye Chris, I love you. This is the best thing for the both of us right now."

Click.

I hang up the phone and lay on my bed.

"You did the right thing Layna." I keep trying to tell myself.

So why the hell does it hurt so bad.