Chapter Eight - The Possesion

Nobody could sleep a wink that night. They all sat in the quiet living room, only sound to be heard is the rustling of the trees and wind outside, and Hinata's soft sobbing and whimpering. Neji tries to comfort his cousin. "Don't worry, Hinata. We'll be out of here in soon." he softly said, hugging her.

Ino walked out of the girls bedroom and approached the group. "I-I-I gave Sakura genjutsu pills I found in her bag. But don't worry, these were modified to put a person to sleep. Think of it as a sedative or something." Naruto spoke up to break the silence. "So, what now?" Ino replies, sitting down against the wall. "Well, only option we have now is to wait. The villagers will know that we're missing, and they'll come and look for us."

Opposite Ino is Lee, who is reading from the book in the basement. Naruto sits by him, curious to what the book contains. "What're you reading?" asked Naruto. "This book I found in the basement." replies Lee, still reading from the book. "Weird thing is, this book is documenting what's happening to us. Or, what will happen to us. It details possession, demons, all this supernatural-" "Bullshit." said Sasuke cutting Lee off. The two boys look up from the book and to Sasuke, who glares at them while holding his throbbing face. "It's not bullshit, Sasuke." said Lee. "This book is detailing what's happened to Sakura and what will happen. Look." He walks over to Sasuke and shows him the pages. "Attack by trees, possession, murder, all this demonic stuff." Sasuke remains skeptical. "This is all bullshit. This is all just-" Everyone is then silenced by the sounds of footsteps down the hallway.

A silhouette slowly walks towards the genins in the living room. The wooden footsteps echo throughout the temple. Everyone slowly gets up as the silhoutte comes closer. In its hand, it holds a kunai, as if its ready to stab someone. "S-Sakura?" stutters Ino. The silhoutte comes into view. It is infact Sakura, but her appearance has grown worse. Her once beautiful pink hair has become ragged and pale, her dirt-covered body has more scratches upon it, her head twitches every few seconds. She comes to a stop at the end of the hallway. "Sakura? What's wrong?" asked Naruto. 

The twitching girl stood unresponsive, but glaring menacingly at the group of genins. "Sakura, just cut the crap and drop the knife." said Sasuke, reaching for her. Then, Sakura flings the knife, which grazes Sasuke's shoulder and breaks the window.

That' when the unexplainable occurs. All the windows and doors burst open under force of an extreme wind, knocking all the genins but Sakura to the ground as she screams with all her might. The genins look on in terror as the girl levitates and her eyes turn a cloudy white and lacerations appear on her skin. She bellows under the possesion of the unseen force. "YOU WILL DIE! LIKE THE OTHERS BEFORE YOU! ONE BY ONE WE WILL TAKE YOU! ALL OF YOU!" As quick as it happened, it was over. Sakura is lowered quickly on the floor. She stands looking at the group as her eyes uncloud and she says a few simple words. "You are all going to die tonight." She drops dead on the floor, completely lifeless.