34. Piggy back ride my minion

Start from the beginning

"You can't get brain damage from three gunshot wounds to your chest."

Poke.

"You couldn't even remember what team you're on."

"I'm not on any team genius. In case you've forgotten, they're dead. So no, I don't know what team I'm on."

Poke.

"Leave her alone."

I catch her wrist in mine before she can poke me again. Her hand shoots out on reflex and her fist makes contact with the side of my face.

"Ow!" I hand rubs at my already bruised jaw. "Lily!"

She doesn't even look sorry. "Oh good, you're awake." She chirps. "I need a list."

I groan. "What this time?"

"TV shows."

I groan again and bury my face in my hands. "You do realize I hardly ever watch TV right?"

"Fine. How about music then." I shoot her a look from behind my fingers. "Oh come on. I've missed four glorious years of one of my remaining nine lives. I need to know what I've missed out on."

"Google it."

She pokes me in the arm. "Zero won't clear me for duty." She whines, putting a pout on her face.

"Gee I wonder why," Chase mutters sarcastically.

"I need you to yell at him and get him to clear me for duty."

"Of course you do," I mumble into my hands. "Fine, I'll yell at him or whatever."

Lily's out of the room faster than humanly possible. I'm not sure where she goes...until she comes barging back into the room ten minutes later, dragging Zero behind her.

"Thirteen..." She whines before crinkling her nose up in disgust. "That's going to take some getting us to. I'm not sure I want to call you that."

"Zero." I greet him in a tone that leaves no room for any argument.

He grumbles something under his breath before waving his hand at me in a dismissive manner. "I'll get her badge to her by tomorrow." He says simply and Lily jumps for joy.

"Yes! In your face suckers! I'm back!" She does a little victory dance as Zero leaves the room.

"Have you called Ryder yet?" I ask her and she stops dancing.

"Nope. I figured I'd call while you were present. I mean how funny do think this conversation will be? I can already hear him cussing you out." She says gleefully and I glare at her.

"You haven't even tried calling him?"

"Yeah, I tried." She says as she twirls a strand of hot pink hair around on her finger. "FBI said he's off on assignment. Not even they know where he is at the moment. He hasn't checked in with his supervisors in a few days. If it weren't Ryder, I'd be worried."

I just nod and lean back in my hospital bed. I feel her poking me again.

"What is it this time?"

"I'm bored." She announces like it's the most important thing in the world.

"And I'm trying to rest."

"Oh please you've survived worse than this and you never went to a hospital for it." She retorts. "You only ever had Garrett stitch you up and wrap up your wounds." I shake my head at her trying to get her to shut up but she just keeps going.