Chpater 2

Her hands shook as she sat there. Her hair to the side of her face as her knee bounced occasionally. Lauren didn't know how to feel at this moment. She knew what was going to happen, she just couldn't believe it yet.

Her head jerked up as she heard a slight squeak coming from the door, indicating that Lucy had arrived. Lauren began to rub her now sweaty hands against her pants nervously. "You're okay, you're okay," She kept telling herself.

With Lucy finally coming into view, Lauren timidly looked up. "Hi?" She spoke quietly.

Lucy ignored her greeting and slowly went to sit beside the black-haired girl. Lauren felt her her heartbeat speed up just by being so close to the brunette. She hated that Lucy still had that affect on her.

"I don't want to make this harder than it already is." The brunette said shakily. She built up enough confidence to reach over and grab Lauren's sweaty hand. "We need to brea-"

"Don't...say it." Lauren sternly interrupted her as she snatched her hand away from the brunette.

"Lauren I-"

"Save it." She interrupted again, this time standing up.

"What the hell is your problem?" Lucy now stood up along with her in acrimony. "You want us to break up just as much as I do."

"When did I ever say that?" Lauren spat, her voice rising a few octaves.

"You didn't have to say it, Lauren, I could see it in your eyes." The brunette spoke, her voice also rising with her former girlfriend. Lauren couldn't argue with that. She was very hard to read, but Lucy could her read her like a book.

Lauren pushed her hands through her black hair in frustration as she paced the small room. "Why are you giving up so easily?" Her voice now becoming small and softer. Tears now began to spill from her eyes.

"I love you. I STILL fucking love you. I'm still IN love with you." Lauren spoke, millions of tears now falling from her face.

"And I still love you too, but Lauren," She paused, her brown eyes meeting the other girls' green ones.

"I'm not IN love with you anymore."

Lauren thought she could actually feel her heart break into a million pieces. She couldn't believe what she just heard. After all that she'd put into this relationship.

"Get out." Her head was down, but she was pointing to the door. She couldn't look at the brunette right now. Not after what she just revealed to her. 

Without any argument, Lucy walked slowly towards the door. She twisted her hand on the knob, a familiar squeak being heard. She placed one foot out the door before turning back. "I'm sorry." She muttered.

Lauren then turned around to face the brunette, her eyes now red and puffy. "I said leave! Why are you still here?" She yelped.

Lucy furrowed her eyebrows with a disconsolate feeling. She couldn't say that her words didn't hurt. She finally stepped out of the girl's dorm.

She wasn't surprised when multiple tears began to fall from her face. After processing what had just happened, she had nothing else to do.

Her tears were falling fast as she began to walk towards her dorm. When Lauren and Lucy were together and just beginning college, they were very frustrated that they weren't roommates. After all they had begged the dean over and over again. They decided that if they couldn't be roommates, then they're dorms needed to be as close as possible. That's how much in love they were. Having Lucy's dorm across the street wasn't as close as they wanted it to be, but it worked for them. As long as they could see each other's faces after a couple of steps across the street.

She began to move towards the middle of the street. Darkness had now surfaced the sky and her tears were blurring her vision. She viscously tried to rub her eyes with the back of her hand, pausing in the middle of the street.

It was only a matter of time before she heard a parade of a horn being beeped. She turned to face the moving car with wide eyes as the headlights blinded her. With the combination of tears and bright lights, she could barely see anything.

Lauren on the other hand had been punching everything in sight. "I fucking loved you." She spoke with anger, snatching every picture of her and her former girlfriend off the wall viscously.

"And you do this to me?" She yelled before swiping all of the clutter on her desk onto the floor. She then began to pick up her laptop and it was about four inches above the ground before she heard something. A large thud followed by a scream.

Her face softened as she made her way towards the door, but not before setting the laptop down.

She frowned in disgust as a nasty smell filled her nostrils. The absolute worst thing about living on campus, is that they lived right next to the sewer.

She could barely see anything as the night sky took over. After looking at her surroundings she began to step back into her dorm, but she then heard a scream again.

Her head snapped towards the noise and she squinted. There was a car stopped dead in the middle of the street. Walking closer, she squinted her eyes and could see someone hovering over a body. A body that seemed lifeless.

"Someone call the ambulance please. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to." The hovering woman cried, her hands shaking with fear.

Lauren stepped even closer, the lifeless body seeming to look familiar. "Please help me. I-I'm so sorry, I promise." The woman cried out to Lauren who was blankly staring at the still body on the ground.

Ignoring the woman, she crouched down over the body. Carefully she leaned forward to catch a better glance at the face, the dark sky still making it hard for her to see.

"Lucy?" She whispered as she had finally recognized the face of the body.

"No, NO!" She screamed as her hands reached down to shake the lifeless body. "NO, wake up now."

Tears immediately started to form as Lauren tried to shake her girlfriend awake. With the mixture of her and the woman's crying, people began to step out of their dorms in panic.

"NO, NO, NO! IM SO SORRY, LUCY! PLEASE NO!" Lauren is now full out screaming while still shaking the brunette.

"Let me help, let me help!" A deep voice sounded as very muscular man rushed to Lucy's body. Lauren allowed him to do all the necessary things as she sat there crying awfully hard.

The man then stopped his movements and turned to look at Lauren with sorrow in his eyes.

"She's gone."

_____________

Vote & comment

~ CM ❣