"I don't know...I think it might be more productive to check out this crevice-thing. It must've come from somewhere, and if we figure out where it started, maybe we can find out why it formed." Dawson suggested.

"That's what I was thinking." Lukas said. Jesse shrugged. "You guys can go investigate the crevice, but I'm going after Soren. It might take a while to find him, though. We never figured out where he went after he bailed on us during the Witherstorm attack."

"I'm going with Lukas." Petra put in. "Anyone else interested in joining?"

"Me." Rush said, lifting her hand slightly. "Me too! This is already awesome!" Kendall exclaimed. "With ya there." Aranna said with a wink. "I'll go too." Aiden offered.

Myst shrugged. "I may as well go. What about you? You were the one who suggested it." she said, gesturing to Dawson. "Um, okay. Sounds a little...scary, to tell you the truth."

"What about the Soren squad?" Athena asked. Olivia winced. "Let's...not call it that. I'm going, though."

Megan, Minty, Ruby, and Wolfe all agreed to go with them, along with Gill and Maya.

Logan scowled. "Neither of these sound very productive. You might not even find Soren. And the crevice that went through my world wasn't exactly low-risk."

"We know. It's still better than sitting here and waiting to die." Kendall pointed out.

"Well I'm going back to Boomtown. It's not that far away from where the crevice started, so it's already in danger." Axel said. "Just...don't die, okay? That would really suck." Olivia told him, frowning worriedly.

"So, Logan? Made up your mind about where you're going to go?" Petra asked. "With you guys to the crevice. I'll be honest, I'm pretty curious about how it started." He sighed.

"I'll go too." Jasmine added. "Looks like everyone's figured out where they're headed."

"Great. Thanks, everyone." Jesse said, smiling at the group of authors. "I know this was pretty abrupt, but-"

She was cut off by a loud rumbling sound. A shudder ripped through the ground beneath them, causing several of their number to lose their balance.

"What was that?!" Dawson yelped, terrified. Logan stared at her with wide eyes. "What do you think it is?"

"Notch, no! I thought we had more time!" Jesse cried. Maya let out a low whistle. "That thing must be expanding fast, to have gotten here already. We gotta move."

"No kidding! I thought we had days before it came this far!" Petra exclaimed. "If it's spreading this quickly...we're in even more danger than we thought."

Minty and Rush ran over to the window. "Holy crap, guys, we need to get out of here." Minty breathed.

The Order led the way out of the building, with the Blaze Rods and the Authors right behind them. The cracks spreading across the town weren't even half the size of the crevice that they had seen earlier, but every few moments the ground would shake again and the fissures would expand.

Star put one hand over her mouth to stifle her gasp of horror. "Oh my Notch...this is awful!" "This is exactly what happened to my home." Logan commented, then turned away. "Let's go. The sooner we figure out how to stop this, the better."

Jesse swallowed the lump in her throat. "Yeah, I know. But if there's people trapped in the houses..." she trailed off, trying not to look at the new wreckage.

"Just staring at it isn't going to help anyone." Marilan said, an expression of determination settling over her face. "I'm going with Axel to Boomtown. He's right about it being near the crevice, and I want to help in every way that I can. If we get there too late, I'll come back to find you guys."