to cheer me up

and as oikawa cried and cried, stuttering and shaking, choking out words of insecurity and uncertainty, iwaizumi pressed a kiss against his cheek and whispered, "but baby, you can."

and as oikawa cried even more, iwaizumi held him close and whispered, "because you can do anything, tooru, anything you set your mind to. and whatever that anything is, i'll be here with you."

azumane was fragile with a heart of glass and a world that seemed to love to shatter it. azumane was a helpless little boy in a big man's body, unsure of what to do with his excess muscle power. azumane was the softest, most caring individual anyone could think of.

when tsukishima came across him, a mess, a huge, shattered mess; he did not laugh, he did not joke and he did not bully. in stead, he offered him a question, "what's wrong, azumane-senpai?" and as he answered "everything", tsukishima told him that glass could be molded in to something new. it was unfamiliar and unexpected, but it was the thing that built azumane up from schratch once again, and restored that stupid glass heart.

kenma typed away at his phone; long, endless, meaningless paragraphs; as long as they were, they were empty. they made him feel lonely.

his room was empty, and he was alone and well; enjoying the peace and quiet.

but as much as he liked being alone, he figured, as he pressed send, he didn't really like being lonely.

and when things got hard for tanaka, well, tanaka told things to fuck off.

he slapped his cheeks, pushed out his chest, took a deep breath and marched on; wether it be with tears streaking down his cheeks or not. because tanaka knew that he could and he would and that eventually, his choices would lead him somewhere; he might as well take whatever feels right.

———

well my version of vent edits; vent writing