Chapter Thirty-Three

Kate's POV-

I had come to accept that I would more than likely meet my demise while trapped here. I no longer tried to fight it, I didn't have the energy even if I wanted to. 

I spent the moments where I wasn't blinded by pain to reflect on these past couple of months. They really have been great, and I have Harry and even Eggsy to thank for that.

I hope that when I'm gone they don't grieve for me to bad. Eggsy deserves to move on and find someone better than me. It wouldn't have worked between us anyways, I'm too damaged. (At least that is what I try to tell myself.)

I'm more worried about Harry than anything. I hope he hasn't become too dependent on me these past couple months. I usually had to force him to eat or else he would have withered away. I also took to keeping the house clean, washing his clothes, and always making sure he had food and something warm to drink. 

I smile when I think back to Harry and I remember his declaration of love for me. I think I've known all along that I harbored feelings for him, but I always pushed them down because I just assumed that the age difference between us would be too much to overcome. 

I don't understand why everything has to be so difficult. I sometimes think that everything would have been so much easier if Eggsy had never come into my life. But is that really what I want? Even though I've known him for such a short period of time, he has made me happy and brought back some of my youth. He was like a breath of fresh air when I didn't know that I needed it. 

I've played around with the idea that I could be happy with Eggsy. We are both around the same age, he is very good to me, and he isn't too bad on the eyes either. I really don't know what I want. I harbor feelings for them both, but I don't know which are stronger.

They don't deserve someone who can't make up their mind about how they feel. They deserve more than that. I guess all of this is kind of good in a way. Once I'm out of the picture they can move on with their lives. I don't want to come in-between their friendship. 

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't realize that Valentine has entered. My whole body tenses up as I await the torture I'm sure is to come.

"It seems like your little Harry is falling right into my trap. It will be so good to finally be rid of him."

It takes a few moments for his words to sink in, and when they do I am full of horror.

Words escape me and all I can make is a strangled noise.

Why?! Please God no! I can't lose either of them! Why couldn't they just leave me be!?