Chapter Twenty Four-

Eggsy's POV -

I straighten my tie in the mirror and smile.

I was finally going to take Kate on a proper date. I have admired her for so long, and now I am finally getting to take her out.

I give myself a once over. I straighten out my suit, not a wrinkle or a scuff on my shoes. I take a comb to my hair one more time.

I roll my shoulders and bounce on the balls of my feet, trying to release the built up nervous energy.

I have never been nervous around a girl, but Kate has just enraptured my attention.

The first time that I laid my eyes on her, I knew she was the one. Her beauty surpassed any that I had seen, and I had seen many a beautiful women.

Then when I met her on my morning run I just knew that it had to be fate trying to bring us together.

No women has ever enchanted me and latched onto my attention as she has. Ever since I met her I have felt like I was on cloud nine.

I head to my car and drive to her house, or should I say Harry's house.

I ring the doorbell. I stand there and wait. I frown when no one comes. I ring it again.

Maybe she didn't here me. I open the door and walk in, knowing that Harry wouldn't mind.

I walk through the living room. I walk to the hallway and freeze.

My breath strangles me and I stare in disbelief.

"Kate." I manage to choke out. She breaks away from Harry and her sporadic eyes meet mine. I take a step back, my heart crumpling.

"Eggsy let me explain." I flare my nostrils. She reaches out to grab my arm, but I jerk it back.

"Don't." I choke out. Tears fill her eyes, though it is hard to see them through the ones that are already in mine.

I look at Harry who won't look me in the eyes.

I turn and hurry out the door, ignoring her cries of protest.