Betty was so nice. She wanted to hug the woman, but she figured that would freak her out. So instead Jade flashed her a smile.

"A tea would be great."

"Coming right up, honey."

"Thank you, Betty." She called as the woman left the office.

While she was organizing her books, Mark walked back and forth to bring her all her books. Apparently Betty ordered him to do it while she was taking care of lunch. She did bring over a cup of tea while ordering Mark around. It was lovely. Jade couldn't remember the last time she had that much fun.

"Honey?"

"In here, mom!" She called, causing Mark beside her to shake his head.

"Better get used to it." She warned him, "A real marriage means getting used to me and my mom being loud in your house."

He placed the last stack of books on the floor beside her, "It's fine, she'll be leaving pretty soon. That's the beauty of giving her the house back."

Then she'd be alone with Mark in his penthouse. That would be awkward considering they hadn't seen much of each other after their night out to discuss the rules. She knew Betty would stay until dinner was cooked, but she hadn't discussed with him what would happen afterwards.

"There you are." Her mother entered the office, "I'm done with your clothes and shoes and what not." Her mother informed her, "I'm running late for my meeting with Sophie. We'll catch up soon and talk wedding arrangements." Her mother stepped closer, kissed her cheek and hugged Mark before leaving in a rush, "Talk to you soon, honey."

Mark turned to look at her, an amused look gleaming in his eyes, "Now it's just us."

"And Betty." She reminded him.

He chuckled, "And Betty."

She sat down on the floor and went through the last two stacks. She had organized her books from her favorite to her least favorite. Now she just had to put these last few away.

"I didn't know my mom and Sophie were close."

"Me neither."

She looked up to meet his gaze, "You're not gossiping with them while attending your board meetings?"

"I don't have the time to schedule in an hour of gossip, unfortunately."

Smiling she focused on her books again, "About our sleeping arrangement-"

"There is no sleeping arrangement." He interrupted her.

That confused her, "Excuse me?"

"Jade, a real marriage also means sleeping in the same bed. Thought you figured that one out when your mother was stalling out your clothes in my closet."

The thought did cross her mind, but she didn't stop to really think about it.

"Okay."

She knew she sounded unsure, but Mark kept his words to himself, thankfully. He left her to continue her organizing while he went to help Betty in the kitchen. She had no idea he liked to help out when he could, but already she was starting to learn little things about him.

***

After dinner Betty left them just like Jade thought she would. Mark was locking up while she was getting ready for bed. Mark had an early morning once again while she started at nine. He was going to be her personal alarm clock which she could appreciate.

"You done in the bathroom?" Mark asked, appearing behind her which scared her to death, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"I wasn't paying attention." She turned to look at him, "Yeah, it's all yours."