We had been driving around for about 2 hours now, pulling up to a deserted city. Cars left abandoned on the street. The buildings covered in dust. A thin layer of fog covered the road as Scott, Malia, Lydia, and I got out of the car. 

"According to the GPS, this is it." Lydia muttered, taking a few steps forward. 

There was no sign of life anywhere, which made me wonder. What if this is what Beacon Hills would look like once the Ghost Riders had gotten all of us? 

"This is it." Lydia confirmed. "Canaan's a ghost town." 

A slight wind blew, causing dirt to fly off the ground. "I don't hear a single heartbeat." I muttered as we trailed deeper into the deserted town. 

"I'm not catching any scents." Malia added. 

"I wonder why Stiles would send us here." Scott questioned, causing me to roll my eyes. As if it wasn't obvious. My brother really wasn't as smart as you think he would be, considering the fact that he is the leader of a pack. 

"This is the place I saw in the mirror." Lydia confirmed, glancing upwards. 

A sign hung down from two broken lamp posts, faintly reading Canaan in a musty red paint. Walking towards the right, I noticed a carousel, perhaps the one Lydia had seen in her vision. 

As I got closer to the carousel, small details started to stick out. 

The wood of the houses was stained a bright red; it also looked as if it was decades old. 

Bending down, I picked up an old newspaper, wiping off the dirt smudges from the print. The paper had been dated from the year 1874; it was over 30 years old. 

Had this town been taken by the Ghost Riders that long ago? What took them so long to come to Beacon Hills. 

I placed the paper back on the ground, shifting my attention back to the carousel. As I stepped closer to the machine, I noticed a small symbol, printed on the side of one of the sides of the middle. 

I carefully stepped onto the carousel, observing the symbol. It looked like a triangle, but the top of it had been shaved off. An L-shaped line was coming off of it. 

Suddenly,  the carousel started to move, causing me to grip onto the bar. I squeezed my eyes shut, praying that this wouldn't be my last ride. 

As I opened my eyes, I was no longer on the carousel, but at the back of the school. It was dark, rain pouring down onto the ground. 

A familiar figure stood a few feet away from me. As I took a few steps forward, I instantly realized who it was. 

"Stiles?" I muttered as he stood motionless, his face stone-cold. "St-" I went to say before a figure appeared behind him. 

It was me, but not me at the same time. Same face, different feeling. 

"Void Aubrey." I bit my lip as she cracked a smirk. Her hands flung to Stiles' neck, twisting it, causing him to fall to the ground. 

I felt my heart drop as I ran towards him, kneeling to the ground. 

"No.no.no. Stiles." I muttered, lifting his head off the ground. 

"You see Aubrey." Void Aubrey said, pain shooting into my head as I was lifted away from Stiles. 

She pulled me back, pinning my hair against the wall. "You didn't get rid of me. And you never will."