Back To Mexico

"Hey mom." I said as I walked into the kitchen. I'd completely forgotten we had school tomorrow, so I ran home to grab my bookbag. "What are yo-" Mom was staring down at the kitchen table, specifically at a bag. Scott's bag.

She whipped around, her eyes wide. "Did you know about this?" I scratched the back of my neck, glancing down at the floor. "I uh-" Suddenly the door opened, reveling Scott.

"Hey mom sorry I'm back so late." He placed his bag by the stairs. "I was closing up the Animal Clinic. I got more hours to earn a little extra money." He paused when he saw Mom and I in the kitchen.

"How much more did you need?" Scott gulped, staring at mom. "This is payment from the Deadpool. I found it in Garrett's locker." Mom glanced down at the money before looking back up at us. "This belongs to Derek?"

We both nodded as mom crossed her arms. "So you're just keeping it safe for him in a gym bag underneath your bed?" Scott nodded.

"How long have you had it?" Scott shook his head. "Too long." Mom sighed. "You know you have to give it back?"

He nodded. "I was going too."

"Do I want to know why you haven't?" Scott sighed. "Because of you." Mom furrowed her eyebrows. "Me?"

Scott nodded, sighing. "You mean because we've been struggling a little." I shook my head. "Mom, we're struggling a lot."

Mom shook her head. "Scott, Aubrey, you can save people's lives." She glanced down at the money. "But you cannot save them from life. Life is full of struggle."

Scott shook his head. "But it doesn't have to be." Mom glanced at him sympathetically, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Honey."

"No Scott's right mom." I stepped forward, grabbing money from the bag. "This gets us a new roof. And this pays for Stiles' MRI. And these pay for the Eichen House fees. And this one means you don't have to work the double shift at the hospital and come home totally exhausted."

Mom glanced at Scott and I as we awkwardly stood there. "Well, I um, have to go to Stiles' house so he gets up in the morning." Mom nodded as I walked out the kitchen. "I'll catch up with you tomorrow Scott."

i quickly ran to Stiles' house, climbing into his window. I quietly took off my shoes, slipping back into bed next to Stiles. He groaned next to me. "Aubrey, where'd you go."

I smiled, cuddling into his chest. "I just had to grab something for tomorrow, go back to sleep babe." He nodded tiredly. "Okay."

I closed my eyes, falling asleep within seconds.

"Stiles." I shook his shoulders, leaning over him. "Stiles." He groaned. "Hmm."

"You've got an early morning practice for the big game tomorrow, remember?" He stayed silent.

"If I'm going to go watch you play, you better not be sucky." Stiles slightly shook his head. "Not gonna suck."

I sighed. "Stiles, we were supposed to drive to school early to help Malia with her math test." He turned his body away from me. "Stiles!" He groaned, shrugging me off.

I huffed, grabbing his shoulders. "Huh-" I cut him off, pressing my lips against his. His hand went to the back of my neck. He pulled away, flashing me a goofy smile. "What are you doing? I haven't even brushed my teeth yet." I smiled down at him. "I don't care."

He shrugged, pressing his lips back against mine. Perfect way to start the morning.

"Ill see you after class." I smiled at Stiles as I walked down the hallway. "Aubrey!" I saw Mason running up to me, a worried look on his face. "Mason? What's wrong?"