IV

"So, how did you sleep?" Lance asked the next morning across the breakfast table.

"Okay, I guess." Keith replied half-heartedly.

Keith met Lance's eyes and saw that he was genuinely curious.

"I slept. Is that good enough?"

"I guess." Lance shrugged.

"Did you guys. . . do something last night?" Pidge asked with a confused look on her face.

They were both silent for a moment.

"If by 'something' you mean sleeping, then yes. Yes we did." Lance replied.

Pidge smirked. "Alright. If you say so."

"Please no. Whatever you think happened, didn't." Keith mumbled.

Pidge put her hands up in surrender, still smiling.

After everyone had returned to their food, Keith and Lance shared a glance across the table.

What do you think she means? Keith mouthed.

Lance shrugged. Probably something scandalous.

Keith chuckled softly.

"Are you laughing at me?" Hunk asked. "You think my dream of making out with Coran is funny? Because I find it rather disturbing."

"Oh wow. Clearly, I should be paying attention to your conversations, because this is hilarious." Lance replied with a smirk, leaning in Hunk's direction.

Keith rolled his eyes.

"Okay, Hunk's weird dreams aside. . ." Shiro began.

"I shouldn't have said anything." Hunk whispered in embarrassment.

". . .we shouldn't spend our days doing nothing, Keith."

Keith snapped back to reality and jumped.

"Who, me? Oh sorry Shiro, it's not like my body was physically exhausted." Keith replied sarcastically.

"I get that you needed that day, but we can't get used to that. Zarkon may be gone, but the universe will always have something threatening it."

"That's a nice thought, thank's for that Shiro. Now we know we're in a constant state of peril." Hunk mumbled.

"You're welcome. It's important to know of possible dangers beforehand."

Hunk rolled his eyes and smiled at Pidge, who was laughing inwardly.

There was a moment of comfortable silence, but it was interrupted by a loud crash, and the whole room shaking.

Allura's voice rang trough the room.

"Paladins you must hide! I have reason to belive an enemy may be coming aboard. I believe they'd prefer to take you over the lions. Stay safe and hidden!"

Allura's voice cut off and everyone went scrambling.

Lance was the first out the door. Keith watched him slam the door open and sprint down the hall.

Scaredy-cat. Keith thought.

He moved at a calm pace out the door and down the hall. He had to keep calm to show he was better at emergency situations than Lance.

In his search, he found a small fissure in the wall. It looked like it was built for hiding. It was roughly the size of Allura, maybe a little bigger, and curved back so whoever were to use it would be completely hidden unless you knew where to look.