Reminder#235

◇بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم◇

One day Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ ) noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it and he asked the Bedouin, "Why don't you tie down your camel?" The Bedouin answered, "I put my trust in Allah." The Prophet then said, "Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah"
(At-Tirmidhi)

Trusting Allah does not in any way mean or imply that one should do absolutely nothing in their striving to bring about their desired result..but when the Command and the Guidance to trust the Lord Most Majestic in all of ones matters is taken in context, as was the practice and guidance of His Messengers, it means that one should do absolutely everything that is in ones ability and power to bring about what one desires to accomplish..and after one has done absolutely everything to the best of ones ability, one should then put their full and unconditional trust in the Power and Strength of the Lord Most High to bring their striving to its Decreed conclusion.

~ Allah(swt) Says in the Holy Quran:

" Further, he (Prophet Yaqoob (a.s.)) said; "O my sons! Enter not all by one gate: enter ye by different gates. Not that I can profit you aught against Allah (His Decree): none can Command except Allah: on Him do I put my trust and let all those who trust, put their trust on Him." ( Quran 12:67 )

When the eleven sons of Prophet Yaqoob (a.s.) were about to undertake their journey from Palestine to Egypt, Prophet Yaqoob (a.s.) advised them not to enter the gates of the city of Cairo as one group, but rather they should enter the city by different gates only as a precaution that if someone were to harm or attack them, or any evil were to befall them, all of them would not be effected by that harm.

That was the guidance of precaution given by their father, the Noble Prophet Yaqoob (a.s.) to his sons..and immediately after giving the precaution to avert any harm which may perchance exist, the Noble Prophet (a.s) declared his absolute and unconditional trust in Allah Subhanah by saying: ..Not that I can profit you aught against Allah (His Decree): none can Command except Allah: on Him do I put my trust and let all those who trust, put their trust on Him.

Prophet Yaqoob (a.s.), to the best of his ability, warned his sons to take all the precautions they could possibly take to avert any harm which might perchance happen..and after they had used their intelligence and exercised their will to the best of their ability to avert any possible harm, then they should put their full trust in Allah.

-If one stands in front of a running train saying he puts his trust in Allah that no harm will reach him; it would be an act of lunacy and suicide, not an example of putting ones trust in Allah (swt)!

-If one jumps from a sky-scraper saying he puts his trust in Allah, it would be idiocy and suicide, not an example of putting ones trust in Allah (swt)!

-If one who is not an expert in the art of swimming jumps in the middle of the ocean saying he puts his trust in Allah, it would be an act of inanity!

-If one goes to an examination absolutely unprepared saying he puts his trust in Allah, it would be absurdity to assume that he would pass the examination!

-If one leaves ones valuables in the open saying he puts his trust in Allah and assumes that no thief would touch his valuables, it would be an act of fatuity, not an example of putting ones trust in Allah (swt)!

Islam guides that one do absolutely everything in their power and ability to bring about their desired result first, and after one has done their striving to the best of their ability, they should then put their full trust in their Lord and wholeheartedly accept whatever their Lord has Decreed and Determined for them.