Chapter Nineteen: Splendid Choice, Madame.

Every dreadful second kicked itself away. The short skeleton still hasn't woken up. The reason why he collapsed was said to be from too much adrenaline from the body.

Thanks to Alphys, the skeleton seemed a lot more at ease than he did a while ago. Mettaton excused himself once knowing that the short skeleton would be okay, claiming that he had a party to make.

Grillby, however, despite the fact that he left the shop open, decided to accompany you as you volunteered to watch over the skeleton. You tried convincing him to go back and watch over the shop, but he only convinced you that he trusts his customers, and if they ever did do something so horrible, then it'll be up to their conscience.

Sometimes, you feared guilt bubbling inside your stomach. It was an unpleasant feeling, after all.

"Do you want something to eat or drink, perhaps?"

You gave him a look, "You're not going to raid Alphys' fridge, are you?" You questioned in a stern tone.

Grillby immediately raised his hands in his defense, "She did say to help ourselves after all!" There was a light pause before he asked again. "Do you want something or not?"

You rolled your eyes after that, but you couldn't deny the fact that your stomach was aching for something to digest. "I'll have what you'll have, then."

"Splendid choice, madame." He curtsied, making your cheeks warm.

"S-Shut up. I-It's not like I chose it because you chose it." You stammered and it amazed him how much of a tsundere you can be sometimes.

He left without another word as you continued to watch over the sorry skeleton. Thankfully, Undyne took responsibility to drive the thought of Sans from his cinnamon roll brother, Papyrus.

"Sans," you called wearily, hoping for an answer. Hoping for anything. "Wake up, you lazybones." You choked, feeling the lump forming in your throat, "Papyrus . . . I'm sure he'll be worried once he realized you were gone for a whole day." You whimpered at the thought of the cinnamon roll skeleton looking so upset.

You hadn't muster up the guts to look at him despite the fact that you were 'watching' him. It was hard . . . and extremely painful in the chest. Sure, Alphys said it was just from exhaustion, but knowing this skeleton he-

Wait a minute . . . what were you going to say a while ago? Knowing him? But hadn't you known him for almost a year considering the fact that the both of you spends half of the entire last year hating on each other? So why-

A groan interrupted you from your seemingly endless thoughts. Your head snapped towards the direction of the skeleton only to see his eyes open. An unrecognized joy bust into your heart as he lifts up his head and look over your way. You were about to tackle the skeleton into a hug. But he said something that made your heart sink.

"y-y/n?" His voice cracked, "y-you're . . . finally mine again?" You furrowed your eyebrows at this, but before you could ask what he meant, Grillby walked in holding your drink.

"Sweetie, here's-oh," Grillby breathed, but you could tell he was utterly relieved from the lost of balanced he had for a quick second. "Y-You're finally awake. G-Good, now you have to pay your tab." Grillby chuckled.

You chuckled along, but the moment you saw the expression on the skeleton's face, you stopped. "Sans?" You called, seeing him flinch, "Are you . . . is something wrong? What do you feel? I-" as you reached out your hand to check his temperature unconsciously, he slapped your hand away and tucked himself back in bed.

"i'm alright. besides, i'm a skeleton, y/n. there's nothing that could get under my skin." He jokes, but it felt so half-hearted. "'sides, knowing grillbz? he probably left the shop unattended. not that i'm saying the people there are untrustworthy. but the shop needs you, obviously. don't worry about me. i can manage."

You sat there for a good few minutes before finally deciding to go. "Okay. I'll make sure Alphys knows that you're awake and well." You told him, expecting a pun to come from his mouth, but nothing did. ". . . bye." You gloomily added before dragging Grillby back to his shop.

On the way, you couldn't help but reply the way he looked when Grillby entered the room. The twinkle in his eyes vanished and he obviously hid it by hiding under the covers. The complete genius he is!! But what bothered you most is the fact that he asked you if you're finally his again.

To be his. To be a property of this pun master? Would that-

"Darling? What's going on in that beautiful mind?" Grillby asked lovingly beside you and it almost made your heart melt. "A penny for your thoughts?" he asked, showing you a single gold coin.

You shook your head. "It's nothing. I'm just wondering if Sans is really fine like he said he was."

Grillby, unexpectedly, sighed at this. He ran his hand through his hair, making him look good in a brush up manner. "I'm wondering the same thing myself. That skeleton, he prefers to keep whatever's bothering him inside. Thinking he would only burden those who he'll rely on. It's actually quite sad."

You admired the fire creature as he ranted on about his observations on the short skeleton for the many years that they've known each other. You admired how concerned he was to take note of every little detail they had.

Truly, you were thankful to have a lover like Grillby. "I love you so much, Grillby." You interrupted unconsciously. But Grillby didn't mind as he stopped talking mid sentence and face you with a keen expression.

"Don't say it like that when we're outside." He told you, but you heard his voice crack mid sentence. And only then did you relieve that his face was emitting a pinkish hue. Your lips crept to form a triumphant smirk.

"Grillby, I love you soooooo much!!" You exclaimed with your lover hiding his blushing face behind his palms.

Begging you to stop before you reach the shop.