Chapter Four: Grillby?

Your eyes snapped open in such a harsh movement. Your head spun violently as your eyes fixed themselves on the white ceiling of your home.

What happened? Was the question at hand.

Lolling your head to the side, you found no one in the house. Troubled, you decided to sit up. And call for the first person that came into your mind.

"Mom?"

But there was no response.

This frightened you a bit. And you decided to call the second name that snapped to your thoughts.

"Sans?" You didn't have any idea why, but somehow the strange short skeleton keeps giving you the reassurance of safety.

But he didn't respond.

Being a bit more paranoid now, you decided to call them all.

"Alphys?!" You called out, but silence only answered. Finally, you decided to take it to the next level. You pushed yourself off the couch and ran to the kitchen. Chanting their names.

"UNDYNE?!" But there was no one. Not even the butterscotch pie Toriel baked yesterday. You ran to the corridor passed the flight of stairs.

"PAPYRUS?!" But the flamboyant creature wasn't there either. You heard a faint noise inside the room and you stared at it in fear.

"M-Mettaton?" You stammered as your hand reached out for the knob. You expected something to pounce out and strangle you, but there was nothing.

A loud crash startled your SOUL away from your body, and your head immediately snapped to Toriel's room. "A-Asgore?"

You tried approaching the room with extreme caution. It seems that Asgore was the only name visible to you right now. The rest had become a blur.

"Asgore?" You called once you stopped in front of the door. You could hear muffled shuffles inside it. Seeming restless.

Swallowing your fear, you reached for the door and kicked it open. Nothing.

You reached for the knob again and closed the door. As it did, there was a loud gurgling scream that came downstairs. And the voice was all too familiar to you. You felt the blood drain from your entire body as you recognized the voice.

"No, oh, nononono." You chanted repeatedly as you bolted down the flight of stairs. Not even minding that you were unarmed.

"GRILLBY!" You yelled out as you reached the bottom of the stairs. The corridor seemed darker. And a bit more gloomy for your liking. "Grillby?" You called again, only to have another gurgling scream respond. Your heart quicken its pace as you ran down the dark corridor.

"GRILLBY!" You screamed as you reached the end. You turned a sharp left and froze in your spot.

You wished that you were only dreaming. You hoped you were only seeing things. And you begged to have seen no one and nothing instead. But faith was cruel, wasn't it?

Unlike the rest that revealed empty rooms and corridors, this one had your fire friend sprawled on the floor. Its bright orange-red skin had become a darker and duller color. It became grey. Not only that, but he had a knife impaled to his chest.

Your hands immediately flew to your mouth as silent sobs escaped pass your lips. Your eyes watered on its own, and like raindrops, it fell shamelessly down your face. "Grillby?" You called in a heart wrecking tone.

You didn't have any idea what happened, nor did you ever wish of knowing. You wanted to approach the body. To try to soothe the pain it must've felt. To take out the reason of that pain. But you couldn't move. It was as if your feet had been nailed to the floor.

Footsteps resonates deeper into the corridor and shivers went running up and down your spine. Whoever did this is still here. YOU NEED TO LEAVE.

But your body refused to move.

Suddenly, a noise—a voice echoed through the vast corridor. Laughter. Giggles. "HEE HEE HEE." It says, and it carries on. You felt each and every hair on your body stand. Your eyes widening as the footsteps grew louder. Grew heavier. Until . . . it stopped. You could feel someone behind you.

Breathing on your neck.

"H E E  H E E  H E E." It giggled once more, there was a quick flash of black before your eyes watered once more. You couldn't believe what you were seeing. You shook your head viciously.

"No," you whimpered, but the figure continued to give you a creepy smile.

"No. . . ." you sounded unsure.

The figure pulled out the knife from the fire creature's chest. "NO." You demanded.

The figure licked off the dust—the blood on the knife. You grabbed your hair and closed your eyes in fear. "NONONONONONONONO!!" you screamed, feeling the burning of your throat as you did. You couldn't look away.

The figure grinned wickedly at your hopeless state. And did the exact opposite of what you wanted it to do. It stabbed the lifeless figure of your fire friend and you couldn't do anything but watch them do it.

Chaos ran through your mind as tears seemed to endlessly fall down your face. The figure continued to drawn your sorrowful mourns with its insane laughter.

The more stabs it makes, the clearer its face becomes. And you couldn't help but scream a bit more louder as it finally cleared.

It was. . . .

* Y O U.

🔥•🔥•🔥

Have a goodnight.

See ya.