Chapter 18: A Piece of the Past

**Aria's POV**

"Oh Xavier. It's beautiful." I gasp.

"Not as beautiful as you mia cara." Xavier whispers in my ear.

I turn around to face Xavier and I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. He tenses but soon wraps his arms around my waist. He lifts me off the ground and twirls me around. I giggle at the action.

"Come on let's go." I pick up the backpack, walk down the shore and stop a few feet from where the water stops.

I look up and see that, I can't believe I'm saying this while in New York City, palm trees give the beach a large amount of shade. I turn back around and set the backpack down on the edge of the trees. I notice that there's absolutely nobody on the beach. I open the back pack and pull out a large  blue and white striped blanket. I spread it out across the sand and look at Xavier. He's standing right where I left him.

His eyes are closed, a small smile rests on his face and his hands are shoved deep into his pockets. The gentle breeze blows through his hair ever so slightly and presses his shirt against his toned abdomen, his abs on display. Xavier opens his eyes and makes his way over to me. I smile at him, not wanting to take my eyes off him.

"Come on. Let's go swimming." Xavier says smirking at me.

He pulls his shirt over his head and tosses it next to the blanket. He then reaches for his shorts, unbuttoning them and pull them down leaving him in navy blue Calvin Klein swimming trunks, matching my bikini.

I slip off my sandals and toss my jewelry into the backpack. I pull my tank top over my head, teasing Xavier, I slowly slip off my shorts and placed them with the rest of my stuff. I look back at Xavier and smile.

My eyes wander down his body, sucking in every ridge and every part of his perfectly tan skin that he has. I notice that he has a tattoo on the inside of his right bicep. It looks like writing. His abs are perfectly sculpted and they lead to a happy V-line of muscles that dips into his trunks, leaving what ever he's hiding a mystery.

The most interesting thing of his physical characteristics is that he's completely hairless besides the thick locks on top of his head. His body is smooth and you can tell he doesn't shave his body. My eyes make their way back up his body and up to his face, which still holds his signature smirk. Good God, he's an Adonis.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Xavier says cockily.

"Nah. I wouldn't want you to break the camera." I smirk back at him. I begin walking toward the water when I can hear the sand being flung up. I turn around to see what it was when I'm being slung over Xavier's shoulder.

"Ah! Xavier! Put me down!" I squeal as I punch his back playfully. Xavier continues running toward the water. I feel like Princess Fiona in Shrek.

"Nope. First of all, you really bruised my ego back there and secondly, I'm really enjoying this view." Xavier states putting emphasis on both really's.

"Please." I pout.

"Fine mia cara." Xavier stops moving. The water is up Xavier's waist and I can see the sand at the bottom.

"No. No! No! No! Don't do it!"  I scream but that doesn't stop Xavier and tosses me into the water. I accidentally pushed him back and it sent both of us into the water.