Chapter 14: Ex's and Oh's

**Aria's POV**

I walk out of the building sad and a little disappointed. I don't know what to believe. I walk to my car and drive away a few minutes later. As I'm stopped at a stop light I decide to call Amy.

"Hey Aria! What's up?" I hear Amy answer.

"We're going clubbing." Is all I can say.

"Hell yeah! I'll be over in an hour! Be ready!" She squeals.

"Bye." I answer and hang up. I pull into the parking lot a few minutes later and head up to my apartment to change.

I strip myself down to nothing and hop into a hot shower, letting all of the memories of today wash down the drain. I emerge a few minutes later still slightly hurt but what did I expect? For him to declare his love for me and then whisk me away on a horse into the sunset? A part of me wanted that to happen. But a part of me didn't.

I walk out of the bathroom dressed in panties and a bra then start searching for a dress to wear. I dig through my closet and sigh in defeat when I discover that I have absolutely no party dresses. My wardrobe is a bust. My life is slowly starting to spiral out of control. I can't do anything right.

*************

**FLASHBACK**

Two and a half years ago...

"No! I didn't! Why won't you believe me?! I would never cheat on you!" I sob as I yell at my boyfriend Brandon.

He came to visit it me today at work, before I quit my old job and saw me me hugging another man and give him a peck on the cheek. Little did Brandon know is that the man that came to my office today was my brother. I didn't know that either of them were coming that day. So Brandon stormed into my office, yelling at me, calling me horrible names. After he was done with me, he went after my brother. Brandon punched him in the nose, breaking it and didn't stop until I pried him off.

Brandon left not saying another word. He didn't call. He didn't text. He didn't tell me where he was going. I went home a few hours later and came home to an empty apartment. I sat on the couch for an hour or two when Brandon came stumbling through the door drunk off his ass. Luckily, he came home alone. When he stepped through that door he started yelling at me again.

"I would never cheat on you!" I yelled.

"You're such a lying whore! I knew better than to believe you! I knew you weren't a virgin!" He yells back at me his eyes filled with rage.

"How could you say that?! I've only been faithful to you and only you!" I scream back at him, no longer sad.

"How am I supposed to believe you?! When I walk into your office today I see you pressed against another man! You're nothing but a slutty bitch!" Brandon yells as he takes a step towards me.

I gasp in shock and I don't realize that I've slapped him until it was too late. He turns his head to look at me and his eyes show something that I've never seen before. He begins lurking towards me and I begin to take steps back.

"I-I'm sorry! P-please d-don't h-hurt me!" I stutter in fear.

I continue walking backwards until my back comes in connect with the wall. Brandon stops in front of me with his eyes burning with rage.