twelve

-Chapter Twelve-

"Calum is in the hospital." 

Mrs. Hood's words caused my heart to sink into my stomach. This couldn't be happening again, I didn't want Calum to end up like Annette. 

"What? Why is he there? Why aren't you with him?" I cried out holding back the tears that were threatening to spill. 

"Calm down darling, Calum is only there to visit his little friend who is getting his cast removed today. Poor boy broke his arm and has had that thing on for months, it's about time he gets it off." Mrs. Hood chuckled.

"Oh my god, you scared me so bad." I sighed with relief.

"Cal always tells me that I do that to much." Mrs. Hood smiled, "but it's just to funny to stop." 

"But you better be careful, you might give someone who really cares about him a mini heart attack." I giggled.

"like you?" Mrs. Hood winked.

"What?" I questioned.

"Don't play stupid with me, it's obvious that you like him dear and let me say he likes you too." Mrs. Hood laughed.

I felt my cheeks turn hot and red, as much as I cared for Calum, I hated to admit it and hearing it come from someone else just  made it worse.

"Don't be shy lad, I'm glad he likes you. I don't know you to well but, I do know that you might be the only thing that can keep his mind off that ex girlfriend of his." Mrs. Hood sighed.

The indirect mention of Annette caused my head to start pounding and I knew the only resolution to this was to get as far as possible from here to make it stop.

"Thank you Mrs. Hood, may I ask what hospital Calum is at?" I blurted.

"Just call me Joy darling, and ah yes. He's at the hopsital just by that small old coffee shop down further in the city, you know? The one with giant blue doors." 

I smiled gratefully at Joy and thanked her before walking briskly away from her.

+++++

I pushed past the blue doors and raced down the hallway to the front counter.

"Visitor?" The woman questioned. "Sort of." I blurted.

"Name?" She sighed, "Fay Lyons." I answered. 

"Who are you seeing?" she asked. "The thing is I actually don't know but I'm pretty sure a boy named Calum Hood came in here earlier to see his friend who is getting his cast off." I confessed.

"Oh yes, Calum Hood was here to see Ashton Irwin." The woman smiled, "I can't let you up there without permission from Mr. Irwin first but you can wait in the waiting room while I call up his room."

I smiled before making my way to a small cushioned chair in the corner of the waiting room.

"Oh but first, may I see your ID please?" The woman called out.

I headed back towards to her and pulled out my ID allowing her to take a quick glance at it before I returned to walking towards the chair.

+++++

After what seemed like hours the woman finally granted me permission to see Ashton and Calum who were still waiting to get the cast off.

I stepped into the elevator and waited as it slowly lifted me up onto the third floor where Ashton was getting his cast removed.

I walked past every door taking glances at the numbers until I reached room twelve where Ashton and Calum were supposed to be staying.

I lightly knocked on the door as I opened it up to see a boy with what looked like darkish light blonde hair sitting up on a bench with his back pressed up against the wall and Calum sitting on a small red chair tapping his feet against the floor impatiently.

"Fay?" He questioned looking me in the eye with a slighlty confused expression.

"Calum." I said taking a deep breath.

Ashton took a quick look at the both of us as a small grin spread across his face, "I'll leave you two to talk things out."

"Mate, your getting your cast off! You can't just leave!" Calum cried out clearly annoyed.

"I actually can, I'll be outside." Ashton chuckled walking slowly outside closing the door behind him.

"Didn't I say I didn't want to see you?" Calum snapped.

"Yeah." I sighed, "But I just wanted to say I actually care for you Calum and that I'm sorry I shut you out."

"Fay you hurt me! You can't just expect to be able to just walk into my life again and make everything better because that's not how life works." Calum cried.

"I know that!" I yelled, "but I need you Calum! God dammit, I need you." 

Calum stood silent not daring to utter out a single word.

"Please say something." I cried.

"Something." Calum smirked.

I rolled my eyes and let out a small laugh as I lighlty punched him inl  the chest. "You're such a dumb ass." I groaned.

"An awesome dumb ass." Calum winked grabbing me and pulling me into a small hug. 

"Yes, an awesome dumb ass." I laughed.

 I pulled out of the hug and Calum flashed me one of his famous smiles, "you know how I said I never want to see you again?"

I nodded and shuddered at the memory.

"Well I take it back because to be honest-" Calum started.

"I need you too."

++++++++

[A/N]: AW AW AWWW okay anyways new chapter! But hey hey I know I said I would update every sunday now because finals and stuff but I couldn't just leave you guys hanging onto such a sad little cliff hanger. and btw THANK YOU FOR 300 READS <3 this is truly incredible.

You are all such wonderful and beautiful people and I couldn't make it this far without you guys.

Thank you so much for everything :-) I'm so thankful.

NEXT UPDATE: in between FRIDAY-SUNDAY

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO

(COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE) !!!! xxx

LOVE,

   K

PS:: sorry for any grammar or spelling errors! (nobodys perfect)