eight

-Chapter Eight-

I stared at my appearance in the mirror and sighed. I didn't look perfect but at least I looked acceptable. I took a glance at the time on my phone screen and took a deep breath.

Calum would be here any minute.

I ran my fingers through my hair and attempted to smile at myself in the mirror but every time I tried all I could see were minor flaws in my appearance.

I had gotten over my minor depression years ago but for some peculiar reason I felt uneasy. As if it was coming back.

Of course that was the last thing I wanted to happen, but I couldn't really do anything to stop so I just tried my best to ignore it. But today was different.

I chose to believe it was just because I was a little bit nervous about this date with Calum, as much as I hated to admit it.

I heard a quick knock at the door and took a quick glance at the mirror at my red dress that fell just by my knees. I was never a fan of short and tight dresses so I settled on this one.

I walked down my stairs, passing my mother who looked at me and smiled. "You look beautiful Fay." She smiled.

I nodded and gave her a hug, "Thank you." My mom nodded and rested her hand on my shoulder, "just don't let him hurt you, he's lucky to have someone as beautiful as you."

I smiled and went to open the door. Calum stood by the front door dressed in a white button down shirt with black skinny jeans and some converse.

He looked up at me wonderstruck and gave me a slight smile, "wow."

I smiled, "you look good." Calum smirked, "you think I look good? Look at you!"

I laughed and nudged him in the ribs, "thanks." Calum shrugged, "thank you for looking perfect."

"I try." I winked locking arms with him. Calum looked down at our arms and smiled, "thank you for agreeing to come."

"Why wouldn't I?" I smiled, "thank you for asking me to come, I really never expected you to."

Calum raised his eyebrows slightly before speaking, "Why wouldn't I?"

"I never really had the best luck with guys." I shrugged. "your joking." Calum laughed, "boys don't ask you out?"

"No, I mean they do. Just not lately, let's just say something happened in my life and people got the idea that they should leave me alone because this certain thing that happened may have changed me a little bit." I admitted.

"and I'm guessing you're not going to tell me what happened, right?" Calum smiled.

I nodded, "eventually I will maybe, where are we going anyways?"

Calum smirked, "somewhere I think you'll like, definitely not the movies."

I laughed, "Thank god, but make sure we get me home before ten. As ridiculous as this seems I have a curfew too."

Calum laughed, "Yeah me too, my mom only agreed to let me use my car today but I decided that I like it better when we walk."

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "I figured."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Eventually, Calum and I arrived at what I assumed was our destination, a small restaurant by the ocean that only had one or two elderly couples having dinner inside.

Calum opened the door and smiled, "you first of course."

I smiled and walked inside taking a quick glance around, like I mentioned before there were only one or two elderly couple inside which was surprising considering how beautiful it was.

"I wonder why there aren't many people here." I said.

"People these days just really don't have a good taste in where to dine, the elderly are the only people now that know what's up." Calum smiled.

I laughed at his response and walked towards the front counter where a woman who looked like she was in about her mid forties stood dressed in a long black dress.

"How many?" She smiled.

"Two." Calum answered flashing me a cheeky grin.

"Right this way." The woman said leading us to a table by the large window that gave us a perfect view of the glistening ocean and the beautiful sunset.

She handed us our menus and told us to call her whenever we settled on what we wanted to eat before walking away.

I opened the menu and took a look at all the verities of food that seemed extremely tempting to order, I couldn't really decide.

"What are you getting?" I asked.

"A burger." Calum answered.

"There all these different options of fancy food you can get and you choose a burger?" I laughed.

Calum shrugged, "I don't know what half these things are so I'm just going to settle on a burger."

"Yeah, I guess I'll get a salad or something." I smiled setting down my menu. "A salad isn't a meal." Calum laughed.

"Yeah but I mean it's healthy." I replied looking down at my stomach.

"Screw healthy food, get a burger." Calum smiled.

I sighed, "Fine." Calum smirked before setting down his menu and calling over the waitress that had politely showed us to our seats around five minutes ago.

She rushed over to Calum and I with a pen and a pad of paper and smiled, "what would you like?"

"Two burgers please." Calum requested. The waitress nodded and looked up from her paper and took a look at both of us, "any drinks?"

"Water is fine for me." I said. "Same here." Calum agreed. The waitress nodded before walking away leaving us in silence.

I looked over at the elderly couple who smiled happily at each other hand in hand sipping their tea and having what I assumed was a delightful conversation.

When I looked back at Calum a worried expression was washed over his face, "what's that?"

"What is what?" I asked. "That." Calum said pointing at my wrist.

I looked down at my wrist and ran my fingers over my slightly faded scars. "It's nothing."

"Fay-" Calum started. "Calum I'm fine, that was the past. I don't do that anymore, they're really old." I blurted losing my patience slightly.

I absolutely hated it when people pointed out my scars. It angered me for no apparent reason. It made me feel like I was weak in their eyes and I didn't like feeling weak, even though I knew I was.

"I'm sorry." Calum mumbled looking at the waitress who had just now set our food out on the table along with our drinks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

About 10 minutes had passed and Calum and I ended up on the beach hand in hand looking out at the ocean.

"You're better than that." Calum said. "What?" I started but Calum cut me off, "better than your scars, you are a wonderful person."

I smiled and looked up at Calum, "thank you."

Calum nodded, "always know that I'm going to be here for you when nobody is."

"Always?" I asked.

"Always." Calum assured me flashing me a small smile.

I smiled back and went up on my tippy toes giving him a small peck on the lips. "Thank you for this, after that thing that happened to me it's just what I needed."

Calum smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead before taking my hand and leading me back to my home, "it's almost ten."

I smiled at the thought of Calum remembering about my curfew.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Once Calum brought me home he looked at me as I opened the door to my house and smiled.

"Always?" I asked once more.

"Always." Calum nodded giving me a chuckle, he turned around on his heel walking away and disappearing before my eyes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[ A/N ] : Aw the feels, so what should their ship name be? Comment your suggestions. So do you guys ship Calum and Fay? Because I do because aw. Thank you guys for reading I have 80 reads and 23 votes and I couldn't be happier, you all mean the world to me and the fact that you take time out of your lives just to read this silly little fan fiction I put together means the absolute world to me.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to please

(COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE) !!! <3 xX

Thank You All So Much!!

XOXO,

K

P.S. SORRY FOR ANY GRAMMAR OR SPELLING ERRORS I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO LOOK OVER IT, I WILL LATER WHEN I HAVE MORE TIME :-) xX