Chapter 6: Confrentation

Start from the beginning

Luna stands in front of her sister. "please stop this."

"I'll stop when you pay for the years I spent locked away." Zenara growls back.

-in the shadow realm-

Twilight has been going through every book she can find. "nothing and nothing and more nothing!" she whines tossing more books aside. "why is it so difficult to find a book about a thousand years ago!"

"well if I was a book from a thousand years ago." Discord says jumping up onto a table. "I'd be hidden away in a secret place so people wouldn't be able to destroy the knowledge I contain."

"secret... place... THAT'S IT!?" Twilight hurries to a panel in the wall. "the secret wall if this reamls castle is built the same way the light world one is then there should be a secret room behind this..." she pushes it and it opens. "AH HA!" she hurries inside and finds a book laying out on the table as if somebody had been reading it. upon farther inspection she realizes it is in fact a diary and somebody had been writing in it.

"what did you find?" Discord asks leaping up onto the new table. "is it a spell to turn me back to normal?"

"can't you just turn yourself back to normal?" Twilight asks as she scans the book.

"no. I can't snap my fingers because I don't have any fingers." He says holding his paws up. "see no fingers."

"this... THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!" Twilight buries her nose in the book and narrows her eyes into complete focus mode. "It's a shadow walker diary... and from the look of it I believe it might belong to Zenara's mother. Marena."

"oh?" Discord questions looking at the book. "what does it say?"

"I don't have time to read it to you Discord." Twilight flips the pages quickly. "I need a spell or something to get me back to the light realm."

"you know I find it hard to believe both of Zenara's parents were shadow walkers." Discord frowns. "they've always been a very small group."

"I think you might be right." Twilight continues to read. "I don't think this pony was a shadow walker... anytime she mentions visiting the light realm she also wrote that Blackmane went with her. I think Blackmane was the shadow walker." She finds a drawing on one page with a description of an item that allows a pony to use it to escape the shadow realm, but the description also says if they are sealed by a gate stone then it won't work. "well I could use this item to escape, but I'll never be able to find it." she whines with her ears flat.

Discord peers around the book and chuckles. "oh that symbol looks like the one on the front of the book."

Twilight closes the book and jumps for joy. "Discord you're a genius." She flips the book back open and reads off the spell inside. "to find what you seek you must have no fright. Pass between the worlds of dark and light."

The book lights up and Twilight sets it on the floor. A hole opens up in the floor. "alright let's go Discord." She calls as she jumps into the hole.

Discord tries to follow her but he can't pass through the portal because he is bound by a gate stone. "I can't!"

"Discord!" twilight is unable to tell I'm she'll come back for him because she disappears to the other side of the portal and the gateway closes.

-Light realm-

Twilight comes out of the portal and is thrown across the floor. The book flies out of the portal and lands in front of her. "wow..." she stands up and shakes her head. "what a trip." She picks the book up with magic and hurries to the front of the castle.