9

9

/Ahh yes FINALLY an update. A lot of work goes into each chapter, so this fic will likely only get updates a couple of times a month. Sorry for the wait! -Nika & Kira

"I can hear you."

Kindaichi almost leaps for joy and his eyes glimmer in happiness. Iwaizumi eagerly leans in to listen on to the device - Kindaichi's plan is going to work. If this Hydra team will help them as Kindaichi claims them to, Iwaizumi would want nothing more than for himself to be safe.. and for Oikawa to be safe. "Kindaichi Yutaro calling in for backup. I'm with a human named Iwaizumi Hajime and we are being hunted down by the Outsiders. We know where the Prince Tooru might be--"

What a big mistake.

But who would've known that, up in the control room of Yahaba's spaceship, Kindaichi's call for help blared within the metal walls. Even the devil leader himself was present, and Yahaba begins muttering commands to the operator as he smiled to himself. To another worker, he asks for a message to be sent down to Kyotani.

"Send us your coordinates. We will be arriving with aid as soon as possible," both Kindaichi and Iwaizumi hear the static voice say and they wasted no time in giving away their information. Unbeknownst to them, help was still so far, far away.

Meanwhile with Oikawa, Ushijima and Lesya, they've been using most of their luck dodging the laser blasts from Kyotani's spaceship. Lesya tried to move as fast as she could but the ship was catching up rapidly. Kyotani's spaceship had closed in on them near enough before a blast was sent flying towards the side of the car - Lesya and her passengers were thrown off course, but they manage to land safely, cushioned in the leaves and branches of a tree. But the ship doesn't fire at them anymore - it hovers above Lesya but it doesn't shoot. "It's receiving messages..?" Ushijima speaks uncertainty, the purple glow of his eyes indicating that he was scanning Kyotani's ship. And when the purple glint fades, the big spaceship is blasting off somewhere else, leaving Oikawa in confusion. Turning to Ushijima, the cyborg speaks in a grim tone, "He knows where Iwaizumi is."

Oikawa whimpers slightly in pain, before exiting Lesya. Hastily climbing down the tree, he shouts, "We have to hurry! We can't let Kyotani reach them first!" Before running in the direction Kyotani's ship is headed.

But to Oikawa's horror, Kyotani's ship is fast.

To his horror, his running, although fairly fast, can't compete with Kyotani's ship.

And to his horror, Ushijima takes a long time to catch up to him.

Upon witnessing Kyotani's ship land in the distance, Oikawa screams, "STAY AWAY FROM THEM!" He knows his words won't stop Kyotani. Hell, his words likely will never reach Kyotani's ears. Despite this, his shouting makes him feel a bit better. Despite this, his shouting makes him feel as though he is running faster.

It isn't until Kyotani is right in their faces that Kindaichi realizes he made a mistake. Their distress call was unprotected and open... Anyone and everyone could have received it and replied to it. Not everyone would be Hydra. Not everyone would be friendly.

"I suggest you run," Kindaichi tells Iwaizumi, before pulling something that suspiciously looks like a lightsaber out of his coat pocket. "Kyotani is strong. I probably won't be able to defeat him. Hell, I probably won't be able to slow him down for more than a couple of minutes."

"If that's the case," Iwaizumi responds, choosing to ignore his intense desire to run away like Kindaichi suggested, "I ought to stay and fight with you. I can't let you die. I can't let you die when there is a possibility that Oikawa or Hydra could should up at any moment."