0.5

0.5

Dedication: for my coauthor, nvillera

"You didn't believe me back then," the young alien prince snarls, with his sword drawn. The King and Queen of Jupiter gaze at him with wide eyes. They are surprised. They are surprised to see him again... The young prince that first appeared before them when he was twelve... The young prince with partially shaven hair and a tongue piercing. To them, he was a beast. He was a young beast whose appearance and actions gave off a dangerous vibe. To make matters worse, the young "beast" did much more than give off dangerous vibes. Instead, he had his soldiers kill the inhabitants of planets that refused to become allies with his kingdom... With his world.

The young prince was hungry. Most alien nobility have control over a single planet. At the age of 12, due to his merciless treatment to those who oppose him, he was in control of three planets.

Three large planets.

Three large armies.

Armies that could only get stronger with the help of the soldiers of Jupiter.

The young prince is still hungry. He is hungry for the control of all of the planets... Of all of the armies... Of all of the resources. In other words he is hungry for power. The wild prince who has been seen as nothing but a dangerous beast wants power. Specifically, he wants to be the strongest creature alive. If he is the strongest creature alive, people will be forced to see him, to understand him.

"I have a feeling," the young prince adds, all the while raising his sword above his head, "that no one will ever underestimate me again, once I'm through with you." The King and Queen, who had already spent most of their energy trying to protect their servants, now gaze at him with a strange gleam in their eyes. A gleam that reminds the young prince of fire.

With a sinister laugh, he lowers his sword. "You know what, killing you might not be necessary after all. I'm too young to know if this is true, but..." he pauses for dramatic effect, "I heard no pain compares to that of losing a child." Pulling a bloody lock of hair out of the pocket of his jacket, he throws it at the King and Queen of Jupiter. "You know, she put up a good fight. She probably would've lived if she didn't run out of bullets."

"Terushima," the King and Queen of Jupiter hiss in unison, "a beast like yourself will never get away-" they are interrupted by his sword. His sharp, shiny sword that cuts through their armor and skin as though it is made of paper.

"This 'beast' waits for no one," he hisses to the bodies of the King and Queen of Jupiter. Their purple blood would make his stomach churn if it weren't for the fact that it blends in with their armor... If it weren't for the fact that he has become desensitized to it... He has become desensitized to the pain and suffering of others. Wiping his sword clean on a nearby curtain, he chuckles. "If life is a cycle, it looks like you've completed yours." Gazing at the bloody bodies for just a few seconds longer, he adds, "Ushijima I have a mission for you."

The cyborg, who watched the whole scene unfold like one would watch a tv show steps toward Terushima. As he walks, the metal in his feet result in dull thuds against the wooden floor. To some, the sound would seem like a heartbeat. To those who know the cyborg and his dangerous prince, they would compare the sound to that of funeral drums. "Yes, your majesty?" Is Ushijima automatic and respectful reply.

"I know that no one, not even the King and Queen of Jupiter seem to know where he is, but I need you to find him. The one that can give the inhabitants of this planet hope... The one that could result in the citizens of this planet questioning who is truly in control."

"I assume you mean Oikawa Tooru," the cyborg responds, using his high tech internal systems to figure out just who Terushima is referring to.

"Yes," he snarls, with a disgusted look on his face, "find the pathetic excuse of a prince and kill him." Spinning on his heels, he makes to leave the room. Just as he passes through the large doorway, he adds, "and do me a favor and clean up the mess."

----------------------------------------

CHAPTER CREDITS

Character design & development (for Terushima): Kira (@nvillera)

Character design & development (for Ushijima): Nika Ravenscraft

Character design & development (for Oikawa's family): Nika Ravenscraft

Scenario development: Nika Ravenscraft & Kira (@nvillera)

Writing: Nika Ravenscraft

Editing: Nika Ravenscraft