Suddenly, the class fell silent. Umbridge had entered. Too late... Robyn was already scowling as she turned her body towards the front of the class.

Umbridge took out her wand and waved it. Chalk began to write itself on the black board. It read; Defense Against the Dark Arts. Return to Basic Principles.

"Wands away, books out!" Dolores ordered in her high-pitched, (fake) happy voice. Robyn balled her fists and reluctantly put her wand away and pulled out her books. While Ron and Harry shared a depressed look, Hermione pulled out their books for them.

"Well, good morning class." The pink covered professor chirped, clasping her hands together.

"Good morning." Some of the class muttered back pathetically.

The Professor tsked. "Well, that won't do. Let's try again. Good morning class."

"Good morning, Professor." The class repeated, forcibly much louder. Robyn kept her mouth closed.

"Much better." Umbridge smiled sweetly, making Robyn want to throw up. She had never known someone to be so stereotypically girly. Cat pictures littered the classroom walls and nearly everything she owned was pink. Just looking at it made bile rise in Robyn's throat. The colour pink and cats were forever ruined for her.

"I've been going over your history and it seems your class has been disrupted and fragmented. With the changing of teachers every year, you are far below the Ministry-standards. As you all know, I'm sure, your O.W.L.'s are this year. They determine your future. I strongly suggest you take them seriously. I'd like you to open your book to page 5: 'Basic for Beginners.' There will be no need for talk." Umbridge said as she sat down at her desk.

Robyn saw Harry roll his eyes and reluctantly open his book and begin to read.

Robyn crossed her arms and sat tall, her book closed and untouched. The Professor had yet to notice and Robyn was slightly hoping that she would.

Robyn didn't know what had come over her. Sure she had answered back to Professors before. But she had never refused to do work. A new kind of hatred washed over Robyn as she stared at Umbridge. It's wasn't the kind of hatred that was caused by jealousy. It wasn't the kind of hatred that took over her when she thought of Pettigrew or Voldemort. Nor was it the childish hatred she felt for the Slytherins. This was new - stronger.

Suddenly, to everyone's great surprise, Hermione Granger raised her hand.

"Yes, miss --"

"Granger. Professor, I have a query about your course aims?" Hermione said as she lowered her arm and spoke calmly but there was an undertone of harshness etched to her words.

"A query? I think that will be perfectly clear once you read through carefully." Dolores smiled another one of her fake smiles that had Robyn's blood pumping in seconds.

"But there's nothing here about using defensive spells." Hermione continued to talk. Robyn looked a Harry and smirked. He too was smiling.

Annoyance was clear in Umbridge's eyes but she fought it and smiled anyway. "Ms. Granger, why would you need to learn how to use defensive spells? Are you expecting to be attacked in my classroom?"

"Wait, so we won't be learning magic?" Ron piped up, his eyebrows furrowing together in confusion and anger.

"Students will raise their hands if they wish to speak in my class!" Umbridge screeched, testily.