Chapter Seven

People bustled around the Ministry. Most were dressed up smart but there were an odd few who were in casual attire and receiving disapproving looks.

Practically everyone looked dishevelled and downright bored. Harry thought most of them looked like robots just following what they were programmed to do. There was no spark in their eyes, no happiness, they were just...there.

Some - like Arthur - no matter how tired they looked, had excitement burning in their eyes and a glowing aura around them, showing that they actually wanted to be there. And Harry hoped his life could be like that. He knew if he made it old enough to get a job he would want to enjoy every second of it, regardless of everything happening, he just wanted to make the most out of his life doing what he wanted - much like Arthur did although it gave him little to nothing to survive on.

Harry and Mr. Weasley fought through the dense crowd. "They trialled you in front of the full court? I didn't know you could stand in front of-"

Arthur stopped mid-sentence as they rounded a corner and nearly walked into Fudge and Lucius Malfoy. Arthur looked shocked to see Malfoy but Harry only glared at the platinum blonde.

"Well, if it isn't Patronus Potter." Lucius sneered as Arthur put his hand on Harry's shoulder, as if protecting and restraining Harry. Harry was glad for it as if he wasn't held back he knew he would plunge for the man and cause even more trouble for Mr Weasley and he didn't want that.

"Lucius." Arthur said curtly, his face straight and void of emotion. 

"Arthur." The older Malfoy returned, then turned to Harry. "The Minister was just telling me about your narrow escape from conviction. Interesting how you seem to always wiggle out of holes . . . almost snakelike."

Harry continued to glare hard at the man. "Well, I'm good at escaping. But you already knew that." The raven haired boy countered briskly.

"Indeed." Lucius scowled. "Well, Minister, might we continue this some place where the fouls of the young can no longer hear us."

The Minister nodded and after looking at Harry, began to walk away.

"I look forward to the day when you and I meet alone." Harry said coldly to Malfoy before turning on his heels and following after Arthur, leaving the Ministry of Magic and going back to 12 Grimmauld Place...

>>>

Harry now sat in the bedroom he was sharing with Ron. Ron was sitting in front of the raven haired boy and across the room George and Ginny were dancing and chanting; he got off, he got off, he got off! While all were wearing stupid grins.

"I knew you'd get off. You always do!" Ron grinned while clasping Harry on the back.

"Yeah, but it was a close call there for a moment. Fudge didn't look happy." Harry explained, remembering how Fudge was determined to take Harry down.

"Well, of course he didn't. Dumbledore's prized student got off right under his nose."

"Yeah, I just wish he'd talk to me. Or at least looked at me . . ." Harry sighed. Dumbledore not talking to Harry bothered him more than he liked to admit.

"He's been busy, you know."

George and Ginny finished their little musical and walked over to the two boys.

Harry winced, suddenly feeling a sharp pain in his forehead. A kind of intense cold burning.

"What's wrong?" The youngest Weasley asked in concern.