Joey Graceffa's Roommate?

I saw my mom's eyes fill with tears as she forced out the words "goodbye, I love you." It was all I could do not to cry as well, but this was what I wanted, right?

Finally, I was getting the chance to follow my dreams and move out to Los Angeles and pursue my acting career. This was what I had dreamed of ever since I was a little girl and now that I was twenty-one years old my dream was coming true.

Once I graduated high school, I began saving up any money I received from work and all of my birthday money because I knew it would take a lot to get me to LA and still have money to live off of. I kept saving until I had almost $10,000, which would be enough for me to live for a while until I could find a job that would supply enough money until my acting career kicked off.

On the side I had been making YouTube videos, and recently I became a partner, which meant that I was now getting paid for my videos. Typically, I got paid approximately $10 per one thousand views, which meant that I was making close to $500 per video.

I had hoped that I would have the chance to meet some of my favorite YouTubers once I got to LA as well, but I wasn't too sure that that would happen, seeing as they were so much more popular than me, I figured they wouldn't take the time of day to associate with a small YouTube personality like me. But a girl could dream, and I did. I wished that I would meet Joey Graceffa, who was my absolute favorite YouTuber.

It was something about Joey's laugh that made me fall in love with his videos. He had the perfect sense of humor, he seemed like a really sweet person, and on top of all of that, he was incredibly attractive. He had stick-up hair that was brown with blonde highlights, he had the most beautiful electric green eyes I had ever seen, and his teeth were to die for, they were so straight and white, almost like pearls.

I snapped out of my fantasy of meeting Joey Graceffa as I boarded the plane. I had a long flight from Connecticut to California, and I intended to sleep most of the way there, knowing that once I got to my apartment I would have a lot to do, including meeting my roommate, unpacking all of my belongings, and making a delicious dinner because I would be starving.

***

After the plane finally landed, I took a taxi to my new apartment. I nearly jumped out of my skin from excitement. I couldn't wait to meet my roommate.

When I first heard that I would be sharing my apartment with a stranger, I have to admit I was a little disappointed. But after a few days I became excited, after all part of my reasoning for moving away from home was to start over, meet new people, and make new friends. What would be a better way to make new friends than to be forced to live with another person who I didn't know?

Finally, after what seemed like a lifetime, the cab pulled up next to the apartment complex that I would be spending the next chapter of my life living in. A wave of nervousness enveloped me. What if I couldn't stand my roommate? How could I live with someone who I absolutely hated?

I reassured myself, gathered my belongings, and traveled up to my apartment, which was on the third floor, meaning I had to take the elevator. I had never really like elevators, but there were no stairs, so I knew I would have to get used to it.

I came to my door, which was apartment 3C, and I knocked on the door. Although it was also my new home, I didn't want to walk in on my roommate changing if they had already arrived.

I saw the knob jiggling, so I knew that the mystery person was there. The door opened, and there stood the one and only Joey Graceffa. My jaw dropped and I stood with my mouth gaping, wide open.

The perfect boy smiled at me, picked up my suitcase, and grabbed my hand pulling me into our apartment and shutting the door. To be quite honest, I wasn't sure if I would be able to do this. I was one of his biggest fans, what if I creep him out? How was I supposed to watch his videos in front of him? Was I supposed to say "oh hey, just watching this video of you, sitting in our house, that we share."

"You must be Scarlet! My name is Joey! It's really great to meet you," Joey exclaimed taking my belongings to what I assumed would be my bedroom. I followed him.

"I know who you are. I watch all of your videos, Joey. I'm a huge fan. Actually, just this morning on the plane I was watching your vlog from yesterday, 'AWESOME NEW YEAR!' It was great!"

I thought about what I had just said. Hopefully it didn't freak him out to be sharing a home with a fan. What if he refused to live with a fan and he just moved out? I didn't think he would do that, but anything is possible. I forced myself to calm down, all I had to do was be myself around him. He was just another person, just like anyone.

"Oh boy! Shoot, girl! It's great to know that I'm living with a fan. That way you won't make fun of me for filming. I have to admit, I was pretty worried about that."