8- "We call this air dancing, baby & its completely original."

Start from the beginning

“You know how it is with Shreya. We barely talked in college and we barely talk now. It's the same. We simply greet ourselves when we meet across the hallway. I've only talked to her properly twice till now. As for Natasha, don't even get me started. She's a different specie altogether. She should actually stick a label of a mood swinger on her forehead. You can't figure out her mood or why she is responding the way she does. So I keep my distance with her. Lisa, I'm telling you, there are a lot of weirdos in my team including our candy loving boss.”

“Says the one who mixed five food items at once just so you could eat it in one go. You and Ahana, both," she accused while I scoffed. Then she raised a brow at me. “Speaking about Ahana and you...”

“Oh no...” I cringed knowing well enough what will come next.

"Oh yes! Just what in the name of Lord Christ happened with your relationship? Like how, when and why? You two were doing so great. Do you know how shocked I was, when Ahana told me about her breakup? It's like telling us that Taylor Swift quit singing. That's how much we were shocked.”

“One question at a time Lisa, one at a time,” I frowned, waving my hand. “And it's a temporary breakup, not a permanent one. As for your question, I don't have any concrete answer to give. It's not like we had a huge fight, it wasn't even a family crisis. We... We just weren't into it as we were before. Our fast paced lives changed us and our relationship. We were afraid of where we were heading off to so we decided to stop and part ways for the time being. Sounds lame, right?”

“Kind of yeah, to be brutally honest but I'm sure you two must have thought hard about this.”

“We did,” I muttered. I shifted to lay on the sofa with my hands behind my head. “But seriously yaar, why is it so hard to maintain a relationship? Why can't we just stay with one love throughout our lives?”

“We all wish the same, Vansh,” Lisa answered with a sigh. “I think we are all lost in the abyss of time. We get lost and lose sight of some things in the process but then find ourselves again.”

“That's fucking deep. Well, I hope we all find our way back again. Like me and Ahana... You and Dhruv,” I threw the names casually, expecting her to react and indeed she did by throwing a knowing look. “You know I talked to Dhruv the other day and he mentioned about a dazzling girl that works in his team. Her name is Meena.”

Lisa rolled her eyes. “Go on. I'm not going to fall for your lies this time.”

“Arrey but I'm not lying. Wait, I'll show you her pics on Insta if you like. She's damn hot!” I said, taking out my smartphone and logging on to Instagam.

A shadow of doubt crossed over her face. “N- no you're lying. Dhruv told me about his team members once. There was no such girl as Meena,” She told me, her voice hesitant.

I raised a suspicious brow, “So you guys talk? Hm, I clearly remember my dearest friend saying that he didn't, that bastard.”

A slight blush crept up her cheeks. As if realizing that, she looked away. “We do talk sometimes you know. Just like how I talk to you, Pragya and Ahana. And that sometimes is like once or twice a month,” she admitted, making me chuckle.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever makes you sleep at night,” I teased while she continued to glare at me. I went on to tease her some more, infuriating her to the point where she covered herself with her quilt and went to sleep. I took my cover as well and proceeded to sleep on the couch with a winning smile on my face. That's how you treat your guests, suckers.

The weekend kicked off with a bang. Lisa and I were mostly out during the next two days, exploring the city and showing off in the social media by clicking dozens of photos. We got successful in getting a reaction out of the leftover gang as they expressed their jealousy over the comments. Later in the apartment, we decided to hold a joint video call with the four of them. It lasted for almost two hours until Lisa and I were too sleepy to stay awake at 3 am. It couldn't be helped due to the vast difference in the time zones. Despite that, I savored every second of those two hours. Even though I was talking to Ahana, Dhruv and Pragya on screen, it made me feel like they all were here, laughing alongside us. It brought my crazy college self back to the point where I was occasionally flirt- teasing with Ahana, earning suspicious looks from the rest. I was thankful to Ahana for being chirpy with me despite the bitter conversation we had last time. The rest of the gang kept Ahana's hopes up in between with regards to her loss of job. Even I could tell that she was feeling a lot more better after that.