Chapter 7

"Well...I kind of have a crush on a guy. And he turned out to be Sam's brother" I said waiting for mom's reply.

As soon as I said those words, mom stopped whatever she was doing and stood rooted to the ground staring at me with confusion.

"Holy-" Hannah blurted out before mother could cut her.

"Hannah, watch your Language." mom said with seriousness.

"You have a crush on a boy!" Hannah said as she squeaked while jumping up and down.

"Hannah, go to your room before dinner is ready."

"But-" She tried to say, but mom cut her again.

"Now!"

I watched as Hannah stumped upstairs to her room.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"No sweetie." mom said trying to be as calm as possible.

"Then why were you shocked at first?"

"Well, it's just that I never expected this to happen again since after..." she cleared her throat before continuing "the last one."

"I know mom but I just don't know what is going on."

"Don't stress yourself honey. This is part of growing up and we all have experienced this and so will you. Having crushes and a relationship isn't a crime. It's all part of life. But-"

I knew I couldn't get away with this so easily.

"When having a relationship, you need to consider the right age and time. And I don't want you to get distracted from your studies."

"I know mom." I said knowing where all this would end.

"You know that your father doesn't allow you to start dating at this age. It's more suitable when you're about eighteen. "

I just nodded my head trying so hard to stop the tears from flowing.

"I don't want you to get attached just like the way you did last time and seeing my daughter in pain hurts me the most. So, please Emma, don't take this too far okay. It's just a year till you have that freedom. Just be patient. I know you can." she said as she stood up and gave me a small kiss on my forehead.

"Thanks mom. I'll try my best."

"That's my girl."

Dinner went pretty slow and boring as usual. Hannah being annoying as always, Ben always talking about Sam. And my guy, Johnny, planning new tricks for pranks even though mom ordered him not to.

After all the lecturing that mom had told me, I just lost my appetite and went back to my room and locked it shut. I felt tears almost flowing from my eyes as I thought about my past and the way mom and dad had imposed just a rule on me.

It's like I can't live my life anymore. But they are surely right at some point. I won't blame them. They are just trying to be good parents after all.

I sighed before pulling out my phone from my night table drawer.

New message: Liam

Liam: hey

Me: hi.

He replied faster than I imagined.

Liam: how are Emma?

Me: Good, you?

Liam: Same. So...I was wondering if we could...get to know each other better and be friends.

Me: Alright, sure.

We talked for so long that I didn't notice how time passed. I was so surprised how Liam and I had so many things in common. Guess deep down, his really soft like a marshmallow.

Hope it's the starting of a wonderful friendship.