Yurio skated with grace. The tempo of the song slowed down a bit, but he followed along doing elegant turns. The serious look never left from his face.

''A hellish step sequence without even a time for a breath," Yūri thought watching Yurio on the TV. "How is he so calm?"

"I hope he'll be okay." Y/n bit her lip not looking away from Yurio. "I don't think he has the same amount of stamina as Yūri."

'D-damn, this is tough...'

Mila's eyes widened slightly. She caught on to what Yurio was doing. Y/n did too and she began to worry even more. 'Putting several jumps in the second half! Yurio are you insane?! I don't want you to end up like me.'

Yurio's eyes narrowed as he focused. 'Here we go with the second-half jumps.' The first jump was a triple lutz. The jump's success recieved a loud applause and cheers. 'Pork cutlet bowl has three quads, JJ has four, and in past routines, Y/n's managed to do five.'

"A triple flip." Yurio was tired, but it didn't show in his performance.

'To beat them, to impress her, I can't make any mistakes!"

"A quadruple toe loop."

"Here's a choreographic step sequence."

Yurio pulled his leg back skating on one leg. 'I don't want to lose like that again!'

Flahsback

"With all eyes on him during the free skate, Yuri Plisetsky, age 15, is now in first place!" Yurio was extremely thrilled, but the celebration was cut short.

"Huh?" He looked around in confusion. JJ took the gold. The Canadian looked at him and smiled.

"Let's climb the podium together at the Rostelecom Cup, Yuri-chan."

Flashback end

'That shithead!'

"Quadruple salchow, triple toe loop." Yurio landed the jumps effortlessly, but a scowl was plastered on his face.

"A beaitiful jump with great height! He's showing tremendous spirit in his program's second half." Yurio continued to execute flawless jumps preventing the audience's enthusiasm from faltering. The next was a triple toe loop followed by double toe loop.

'Here's the last jump combination.'

"Is this really Yurio?" Yūri questioned watching Yurio in awe. He then saw Y/n, went to walk over to her, but stopped. She had a "sweet" smile on her face which had "I will kill you" written all over it. Y/n looked back at him.

"Oh. Hi, Yūri. Are you ready to go next?" Yūri sweatdropped. He sometimes really couldn't understand her.

"A triple axel, single loop, and a triple salchow." Y/n and Yūri's eyes widened in shock.

"He landed all his jumps!" Yurio's last move was a camel spin. Lilia covered her mouth trying not to tear up; Yakov patted her back in comfort. Yurio's grandpa applauded with a proud smile on his face. "At the Rostelecom Cup of the Grand Prix Series, his senior debut, he's brushed off the pressure and responded to his local fans, delivering a sublime free skate program!"

Yurio finished the program recieving the loudest applause thus far. He sunk to his knees panting from exhaustion. He caughed trying to regain air into his lungs.

'A performance beyond his limits. That must've been what it was.'

"Good job, Yurio," Y/n said clapping. "That was amazing!"

"Then why are you scowling?" Yūri asked.

"I'm not scowling."

"Then what about the deathly aura?"