Chapter 12

"Yuri, it's about to start," Mila said. "Come watch with us." Yurio sat at a different table, a bored expression on his face. The Cup of China was on the television.

"I'm fine," he replied. "I'll watch from over here."

~*~
"The last skater from Group 1 is Katsuki Yūri from Japan."

Photographers started taking pictures. Viktor placed his hand over Yūri's. "The time to seduce us by picturing pork cutlet bowls and women during your skate is over. You can fight with your own personal charm. You can envision or just fine, can't you?"

Yūri gripped Viktor's hand and touched foreheads with him. "Don't ever take your eyes off me." He pulled back then looked at Y/n who was standing there somewhat shyly.

"I don't have a lot of time, so I'll save my speech for afterwards," she said. Y/n reached over and wrapped her arms around Yūri's neck squeezing him in a hug. This time Yūri didn't hesitate to hug back. "Good luck." Y/n pulled away first.

Yūri skated out to the center of the ice. The audience was already cheering. "He's far too different today," Viktor thought touching his forehead. "What's flipped his switch?"

"Yūri seems pretty serious," Y/n stated. Viktor looked at her but her attention was focused on Yūri. "But it's in a good way. You must be doing something right." Viktor only nodded in agreement before realizing what she said.

"Me?!" Y/n nodded.

"Face it. I've known him since I was twelve. Things didn't start changing until you became his coach"

"And when you became his manager. You're just as important, if not more, to Yūri's success, as I am," Viktor said. Y/n's cheeks tinted pink. She turned to watch Yūri hoping Viktor wouldn't notice, but he did. And a smile crept on to his face.

The judges watched intently. Yūri started his routine, licking his lips before looking at Y/n and Viktor. Viktor gave a little gasp. Y/n made an inhuman noise before covering her cheeks feeling them warm.

"K-Katsuki Yūri from Japan is skating his firs program of the Gran Prix series. The music is "On Love: Eros." He declared this year's theme to be "love." Well, he's certainly changed drastically from previous seasons. Maybe living with both his coach, Viktor, and manager, Y/n, has changed things for him mentally. Katsuki has told us he'd like to peruse Eros in his short program."

'They can laugh at me all they want. They can think it's not me. But everyone wants to know the new me, don't they?' Yūri clapped and then flowed into the next move. Both Viktor and Y/n gasped.

"Perfect," Viktor said in English.

"Yūri...you're doing it," Y/n thought. A large smile appeared on her face. "I think you finally got "Eros" down."

"What an amazing step sequence!" The announcer exclaimed. Yūri spun which has become one of Y/n's favorite moves. "That was wonderful!" All the other competitors watched Yūri, a few of them in awe.

"Wow," Phichit said.

"Katsuki Yūri has planned all his jumps for the second half of the program to get higher scores so he can win the Grand Prix Final." Yūri's sit spin received a loud applause.

"The first planned jump is a triple axel...here we go, from a spread eagle into...a triple axel." It went without fault. And applause was given. "Nice height! Okay, next up is a quadruple Salchow. In competition, he's landed it less than 30% of the time."

"Come on Yūri," Y/n thought biting her lip.

"A quadruple salchow. He nailed it!"

'I'm the only one who can satisfy Viktor. I'm the only one who can please Y/n. I'm the only one in the whole world who knows of their love. I'll prove that now.'