Chapter 17

Y/n sat on the bed of the hotel. Her phone was in her shaking hand. She called her older brother.

"Hello?" Came a voice that wasn't Taehyung.

"Kookie! Where's Tae?" Y/n asked though she didn't mind talking to him.

"He and Hobi hyung went somewhere I think," Jungkook replied.

"And he leaves his phone. Idiot," Y/n sighed. Jungkook chuckled. "Well, tell him to call me later. It's about my leg."

"A-are you okay?"

"Yeah. Viktor and Yūri are like overprotective parents and won't let me walk. Have in a damn wheelchair." She heard Jungkook try to stifle his laughter. "Once the season's over though, I think I might do it."

"Are you sure? You'll have-"

"I know. I've been thinking about it but I'm sure-"

"Y/n!" Yūri called.

"What?"

"Viktor's getting ready to go."

"Okay. By Kookie. Remind Tae to call me back."

"Okay. By Noona."

~*~

"Ask Yakov anything you don't understand," Viktor said. He hugged Yūri tightly. "If you're in trouble, just hug him, and he'll help you. Sorry, Yūri. Even if I'm not here, I'll always be with you in spirit." Viktor pulled away then kneeled down in front of Y/n. "Stay off that leg."

"Yes dad," Y/n said sarcastically. Viktor placed his hands firmly on her shoulders.

"I'm serious. Don't get out of that wheelchair and don't leave Yūri's side." Y/n grabbed his hands. She smiled softly.

"Didn't plan on it." Viktor embraced her tightly as he did Yūri seemingly reluctant to pull away.

"I'll be back soon. Promise."

'And then Viktor went back to Japan.'

The next day, before the free skate, several reporters gathered around Yūri and Y/n. "Um, it didn't look like you exchanged any words with coach Yakov at this morning's public practice," Mooroka said.

"I'm fine!' Yūri assured. Y/n sighed shaking her head already knowing that he was lying. "I'll just do what I've always done in practice with Viktor and Y/n!"

"Kim-san, do you have anything to say?"

"U-uh. Just because Viktor isn't here physically, that doesn't mean he isn't mentally," Y/n said. "I'm here too, so Yūri will be okay. 'I hope.'"

~*~

"Why did Yakov take on that Pork Cutlet Bowl?" Yurio thought as he walked down the hall.

"Yuri, your grandfather's here," Yakov said.

Yurio went outside to where his grandfather was waiting in his car. Snow fell starting to pile up on the ground. "Grandpa, I thought you weren't feeling well." He took the brown bag his grandfather was holding.

"Just try these." Yurio took the food out then took a bite. His eyes widened.

'There's pork cutlet, scarmbled eggs, and white rice in here! What's with this pirozhki?!'

"It's a pork cutlet bowl pirokzhki," his grandpa said. He then patted Yurio's head smiling. "Eat them and do well in today's free skate, Yuratchka."

Yurio nodded and smiled back. "Okay."

~*~

'With Viktor gone, I have one less suporter to help me with this. Everything should be on my side.'