Chapter 1

Over the years, he's never ceased to surprise me. From the first time I saw him skate to now. It's been one surprise after another.

3rd Pov

Sochi Grand Prix Final
"Sure enough, he's crushed the Free skating as well," the announcer said. "This marks the fifth consecutive Grand Prix Final for Russian legend Viktor Nikiforov."

Viktor skated on to the rink waving to the crowd with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He lifted up his gold medal flashing a smile.

"Nikiforov is now twenty seven years old. Some speculated that he may retire this season but his masterful performance may lay such rumors to rest. As for Katsuki Yūri, who earned a spot in the Grand Prix for the first time-what do you think Honda-san?"

Yūri sat on a chair outside of the rink. He scrolled through his iPhone looking at all the news.

"Well, he didn't perform like his usual self today," Honda replied.

A new article appeared on news.co.jp.

Men's Figure Skating: Katsuki Suffers Utter Defeat

Katsuki Defeated: Still Needs to Work on Nerves

"Yūri, don't look at the news. Let's go back," his coach Celestino said.

"Katsuki fell to last place. Is this his last season," Yūri read completely ignoring him.

"Yūri..." Yūri looked at Celestino.

'My name is Katsuki Yūri! I'm one of the dime-a-dozen top figure skaters certified by the JSF. I'm 23. My name makes me sound strong, but I finished last at my Grand Prix Final. I still can't accept what happened.

I even moved to a training facility in Detroit and worked hard to make it to the final. But the pressure had me binge-eating before the match, and our family dog died... Mentally and physically, I was at my worst!

It was supposed to be my big day, too... Well, it's my fault anyway.'

Yūri headed down the hall looking glumly at his phone. He went into the men's bathroom. Someone rounded the corner and stood against the wall just as he went in.

"Hello?" Yūri said into the phone. He locked himself in the bathroom stall. "Mom, were you sleeping? Sorry." ... "Oh, you were watching on TV?" .... "Huh? A public viewing? Please! I'm so embarrassed!" He said frantically before chucking a little. His lip then quivered. Tears filled his eyes. "I'm sorry. I messed up."

Yūri hung up the phone and began crying. Someone then kicked the bathroom stall making him jump. "Sorry," Yūri apologized. He opened the door to see a younger male with blonde hair which covered one eye. He had a punk like attire. Under his team jacket was a black sweat shirt and he had the hood up.

'The Junior Grand Prix Final gold medalist... Yuri Plisetsky." Plisetsky glared and Yūri. 'The Russian Punk...' Yūri trembled heavily at the sight of the younger male. "Is looking at me like a piece of trash. What the hell!"

"Hey," Plisetsky said pointing a finger at Yūri. He had a heavy Russian accent. "I'm competing in the senior division next year. We don't need two Yūris in the same bracket. Incompetents like you should just retire already. Moron!" Plisetsky yelled in Yūri's face before leaving the bathroom with his hands in his pockets.

Yūri watched him leave. He was temporarily stunned at the sudden approach. He then frowned. 'Even if I left the sport, there'd be tones of talented young skaters rising through the ranks,' Yūri thought.

After leaving the bathroom, Yūri caught up with Celestino. He rolled his suit case behind him when someone called his name.

"Katsuki-kun!" Yūri stopped and turned.