8. Hogsmeade

It was the early morning of Saturday and everyone was at the common room, either chattering about their week or writing letters to their family. Somehow, the couches remained empty until the Weasleys went down from their dormitories and sat on them. They seem to have claimed the couches for their own like it was their property and anyone who would sit there would be like trespassing. No one dared to sit there for they didn't want to argue with any of the Weasleys.

It was probably because they were a very big and famous family that made them appear... Intimidating.

Lily hated how stereotypical they appeared. There were students who either treated them like gods or treated them like they were jerks that bullied anyone who crossed them, but they weren't like that at all. They were just really close, and the bond they shared was really special.

Though it was inevitable to feel quite intimidated because each of her cousins had something to bring to the table;

Fred was the leader of master pranking. In fact, he was most feared by the students. One time, a group of older Ravenclaw boys tried to pick on Louis when they were just fourth years, and Fred stood up for him! That was bloody brave in Lily's opinion. Fred made those Ravenclaw boys' arses light on fire!

And then there was James. He was also a master pranker. Him and Fred never made Hogwarts a boring place. James' father always told him that he lived up so much to his name. His charming personality always made him the professors' favourite student.

Dominique and Louis had veela blood. They're the most good-looking students in school and everyone adored them.

Lucy and Rose were very smart, quirky, and beautiful. They were both gingers that loved reading and being top of the class.

Molly was the only Ravenclaw and she was quite distant. Probably because she was too mature for her age and she didn't like causing trouble.

Roxy, on the other hand, was a Slytherin. It was never a shock, though. She was tough like her older brother, Fred and she was very creative and smart. If there's one person you don't mess with, it would be Roxanne.

Albus and Hugo were quite similar to one another. They're both smart and charming, but Albus was more outgoing and sporty while Hugo's more funny and a bit shy.

But going back, they were in the common room, sitting on their usual places. Fred spoke up when everyone was all there. "We're going to Hogsmeade."

"Yeah," James nodded. "We should stop by Weasley's Wizard Wheezes."

"Oh right! Dad wanted us to come visit his new shop." Fred said.

"Great, we should go now while everyone's eating breakfast." Louis stood up along with the rest of the cousins.

Lily invited Alice to join them in going to Hogsmeade so that she could tell her about meeting Scorpius today. Their arms were linked together as they walked out of the castle. Lily slowed down to break away from the crowd.

"Scorpius wants to meet up today." Lily said in a hushed voice.

"Does your family know already?" Alice whispered in her ear.

"Don't be silly. They'll go ape-shit if they find out." Lily whispered back.

"You can't keep it a secret forever, Lils. Besides, what if they see you today? Hogsmeade isn't a big place, you know."

"You'll cover for me, won't you?" Lily smiled angelically.

"Lily!" Alice frowned.

"Pretty please?" Lily pleaded.

"What am I supposed to say to them?"

"Just tell them I went back to the castle or that I got a stomach ache - just, anything! Please?" Lily pouted.

Alice paused for a moment before sighing. "Fine."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Lily gave Alice a bone-crushing hug before they reached the shop.

Lily looked at the sign with the initials, 'W.W.W.' which stands for Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. There weren't much people at the moment, but Lily saw Molly, Lorcan, and Lysander, trying out glasses that made them grow a beard and a huge pair of ears as a disguise.

Lysander looked at Lily and smiled goofily as he approached her. "Hola señorita." He bowed.

Lily laughed and curtsied. "Hola, señor. What brings you here?"

"Molly wanted to eat breakfast at Madame Puddifoot's, but we decided to check this place out first."

"Oh," Lily blinked. "Are you and Molly...?" She never thought Molly and Lysander would date. But come to think of it, Molly and Lysander have been really close for a while now, as they were both Ravenclaws. It never crossed Lily's mind, but they could totally work out.

"What?" Lysander asked in confusion before he realized what she actually meant. "Oh, dear. No, no! Not like that. We're with Lorcan." Lysander looked away, his cheeks evidently red.

"Right." Lily said slowly, unsure if she was going to fall for it.

"Hey Lilykins!" Molly approached the both of them as she kissed Lily's cheek. "Uncle George has done a good job on this place. Freddie and the others are upstairs, are you coming with?"

"Yeah, we'll be right up." Lily smiled and looked at Lysander. "C'mon, señor. You can take those glasses off now."

"I don't know, Lils. I think the beard's growing on me. Don't you think?" Lysander wiggled his eyebrows at her as he stroked his beard. "Dork." Lily giggled and pulled him up the stairs.

After their visit to W.W.W., they went to Honeydukes to buy sweets. The shop smelled like vanilla and caramel and it was very crowded already. Lily asked Hugo to buy her what he was buying for she didn't want to go inside anymore with all those people around. She told them that she'll be waiting outside.

Lily sat on an old bench nearby, watching the birds chase each other in circles. Just then, she heard footsteps coming near her.

"Miss me?" Scorpius asked as he stood in front of her.

"Hi." She looked up to see him. He was wearing a plain grey shirt that made his chest and arms look bigger and buffer than usual. His hair was extra blonde and messy today and his eyes were bluer than ever. Blimey, did he always look that good? Lily asked herself.

Scorpius sat beside her with a smile etched on his face. Lily couldn't stop staring.

"What?" Scorpius chuckled as he rested his arms on the back of the bench.

"What?" Lily asked defensively as she sat straighter.

"I don't know, you were looking at me weirdly." He shrugged and moved closer to her.

"We should go. My cousins are in Honeydukes right now. They might see us." Lily stood up immediately.

"Eager, I see?" He smirked as he stood up as well.

"Don't flatter yourself, Malfoy."

"Only kidding." He winked and stared at Lily. "You look good, Potter."

Lily suddenly became aware of what she looked like. Her red hair was tied up in a pony tail and she was wearing an oversized cardigan over her comfiest shirt.

That liar.

"You're not so bad yourself." She nodded, unable to look at him anymore.

He smiled. "Shall we?" Scorpius gestured towards Madame Puddifoot's tea shop before looking at Lily.

She nodded and started walking quietly beside him, his hands sometimes touching hers for one whirling second.

Scorpius finally held her soft hand and she actually let him. Together they reached the shop.

It was early in the afternoon already when they arrived. It was warm and cosy and only a few people were inside since majority of them had just finished eating. They were probably out to get some butterbeer.

Scorpius chose a booth near the fireplace and he even held the chair for Lily as if he were some kind of gentleman. Lily hated him.

Madame Puddifoot's little house-elf served them late lunch; Roasted chicken and pasta.

"Why is your name Scorpius?" Lily asked for she grew tired of Scorpius gazing at her without even uttering a single word.

"It was my grandmother's idea. I guess they wanted my name to be like my father's. Draco is a constellation resembling a dragon, you see."

"Mm, and yours is a Scorpion." She nodded before she took a bite of the chicken.

"Why is your name Lily Luna?" He asked.

"My grandmother's name is Lily and dad wanted me to be named after my godmother, Luna."

"Luna? You mean that Scamander kid's mum?" He came off annoyed when he asked which made him stiffen in his seat.

"Yeah, why do you seem so surprised?" Lily tilted her head.

"Is that why that Scamander kid was snuggling up to you at the astronomy tower before?" He leaned on the booth with his arms crossed.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Lily frowned.

"So he was snuggling up to you!" He raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms.

"He was not." She said calmly.

"He better not..." He said tauntingly. "That prick trying to steal my girl..." Scorpius mumbled as he chewed.

"Excuse me, what?" Lily glared.

"Nothing," he raised his arms, innocently. "I didn't say a thing." He took his last bite before smiling cheekily.

"Thought so." Lily smirked and finished her meal.

Their late lunch turned out pretty well. They never ran out of silly and random things to say and they got to know each other better.

"Why is your owl named Francis?" Scorpius asked.

"Dad used to own an owl named Hedwig, he was named after a saint." She leaned on her chair before continuing. "I wanted mine to be named after a saint, too. St. Francis of Sales in particular." She nodded once. "Do you have a pet?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "A bat and an owl. My owl's name is Dracula-- which my father hated. He thinks it was named after him..." He paused for a moment and shrugged. "He was right."

They both laughed. "And my bat's name is Hoot."

"Well, that's confusing." Lily said. "An owl named Dracula and a bat named Hoot?"

"It's funny!" He said.

"It's confusing!" She answered back.

"I like the idea of breaking traditions and being different. Fuck society's expectations." He said, firmly.

Scorpius paid for their lunch as they started walking out of the pub. He held her hand on the way out, leading her towards The Three Broomsticks.

"Wait, Scorp." Lily halted in front of the shop.

"What's wrong?"

"My cousins are in there. James and Albus are in there, too." She hesitated.

Scorpius took a step forward, pulling her by the waist. "I've got you." He kissed her forehead...

Right in time for James to see.

There he was, Lily's brother, standing outside the door of The Three Broomsticks, his face filled with shock and disbelief. He was still holding Cassia Clearwater's hand when he saw Lily and Scorpius.

"Lily!" James shouted furiously.

"H-hi." She said guiltily as she turned to face him.

"WERE YOU SNOGGING?" James was moving towards them already, but Cass held him tight to prevent him from doing anything stupid.

"No! We were just - we were... Er--" Lily didn't know what to say. "We were not snogging." It came out like a question more than an answer. She cleared her throat and stepped closer to her brother.

"We need to talk, Lily Luna Potter. Right this instant!" James stomped his feet and held Lily's hand. He pulled her away from Scorpius.

"No, wait--" Scorpius spoke up.

"You stay out of this, Malfoy!" James snapped at Scorpius.

Albus came out of the shop and instantly ran towards Scorpius. He took him by the arm to prevent him from going after them. "Leave them be, Scorp. She'll be fine." Albus said in his deep voice as he led Scorpius inside the pub along with Cass.

"What was that about?" James asked Lily when they reached the end of Hogsmeade's street.

"I'm sorry. I would've told you sooner, but I know how you'd react." Lily answered softly.

"Lily, of all people - why him? His family--"

"Isn't like him." She interrupted. Lily knew where this was going already and she didn't like it. "You think I've never thought about that?"

"I just don't want you getting hurt." James shook her shoulders.

"Then help me not to. Give him a chance, James. He's not that bad."

"I know he isn't, but it's going to be hard. It's going to be so complicated. Do you understand that? You know his family, Lily."

"I'm not a little kid anymore. I can handle it. Just give him a chance." Lily touched her brothers hand, pleadingly.

"You better know what you're doing. Uncle Ron will be furious and I won't help calming him down." James' face softened when he joked. He pat her head and looked back at the pub. "Let's go, my butterbeer is waiting."

Lily half-smiled. "Thank you." She hugged her brother and went back to The Three Broomsticks.

There were three long tables lined together and the Weasleys along with their friends were already seated together.

Lily quickly sat beside Scorpius who was talking to Alice and Albus.

"What did I miss?" Lily asked.

"Your friend here, is 'interviewing' me." He chuckled as he looked at Alice and back to her. "What happened?"

"My brother and I just talked." She shrugged. "I'm surprised you're still alive, Malfoy. I'm assuming my family decided not to break you into pieces?"

"They couldn't resist my devilishly handsome face." He grinned.

Alice rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. It was all Albus' doing. He talked sense out of everyone. If Alix Zabini and Fred could get away with it, why not Malfoy and you?"

Scorpius nodded and smiled at Albus. "Thanks, mate."

Louis and Hugo arrived, carrying trays of butterbeer for all of them.

"Cheers!" Fred raised his mug and everyone followed.

"Cheers!" They all said in unison before clanking their mugs together.