Sprained Ankle

Prompt- Amelia sprains her ankle at work. Just something short & sweet.

•NOBODY POV•
Amelia was running to the ER. She was paged 911 for a trauma. She rolled her ankle as she was running.

"Ah!" Amelia said as she fell to the ground. She gripped her left ankle.

"Amelia, you okay?" Owen asked from the ER desk, who had seen his wife fall.

"Yeah, I just twisted my ankle. Can you help me up? I was paged 911." Amelia said, holding her arms up. Owen nodded and helped her up. As soon as Amelia put weight on her ankle, she almost fell again.

"Hey, woah." Owen said, holding her up.

"I'm fine, I gotta go." Amelia said, walking as fast as she could.

*************
The trauma Amelia was paged for had turned into a 7 hour surgery. By the time Amelia had finished, her ankle was throbbing. After scrubbing out, she made her way to an on call room and plopped on a bed. She put her hands behind her head, and took deep breaths.

"Hey, how was your surgery?" Owen asked, peering in the on call room.

"Good." Amelia said, trying not to show him that she's in pain. He shut and locked the door, and walked over to wipe some hair off her face and kiss her head before sitting by her feet. He put her left ankle in his lap.

"Can I see your ankle?" He asked her. She gave him a nod, in too much pain to care. He took off her shoe and sock. "Amelia..." He said.

"It's bad, isn't it?" Amelia guessed.

"I think you sprained it." He said.

"Can we just go home?" She complained.

"I'll just go and get your clothes from the lounge." Owen said. Amelia waited for him to come back, trying to take deep breaths.

When he came back, she got dressed and he wrapped his arm around her, helping her walk outside to his truck.

When Owen pulled into their driveway, Amelia got ready to get up. He came around and helped her inside, sitting her on the couch.

"Do you want to wear something more comfortable?" Owen asked.

"Yes, please." Amelia said, laying her head back. Owen kissed her forehead before heading to their bedroom.

He helped her change and went to get her some Advil and some ice.

He took a couple throw pillows and put them on the coffee table, then lifting her left leg on top of them. He put the ice pack on her foot as she took the Advil. He covered her with a blanket and turned on the TV.

"You need anything else?" Owen asked.

"You." Amelia said. Owen smiled and sat next to her, wrapping an arm around her. Amelia leaned her head on his chest and relaxed.

They snuggled on the couch and watched TV. Exhausted from her day, Amelia began to doze off against Owen's chest.

After 20 minutes of icing her ankle, Owen went to take the ice pack off when he noticed her fast asleep on his chest. He smiled and picked her up bride style, and carried her to bed.