I'll Be There

Prompt- Sheldon's cancer has made him terminal, Amelia & Owen go to L.A. so she can say goodbye.

•AMELIA POV•
I was laying in bed one night. Owen was on his way home. My phone started to ring. It was Addison. I smiled and hit the green button.

"Hey Addie, long time no talk."
"Amelia, I don't know how to tell you this."
"What's wrong?"
"It's Sheldon. He has prostate cancer, and it's terminal. He's in the hospital, he doesn't have much time left."
"Oh god. I'm gonna come to L.A. Owen and I. I'll get the soonest possible flight."
"I'll see you soon then."
"Bye."

I immediately got out my computer and searched up flights to L.A. There was one at 7:45 AM tomorrow morning. I booked two tickets and printed them. I walked to the office and took them out. I set them on the counter when I heard the door opening.

"Hey, what's this?" Owen asked, greeting me with a kiss on my head and grabbing the tickets. "Plane tickets?"

"Yeah, my friend Sheldon from L.A. He has prostate cancer, and it's terminal. He doesn't have much time left. He was such a big part of my life, and I need to say goodbye. I want you to come with me." I said. He wrapped me in his arms and kissed my hair.

"Of course I'll come." He said. I let myself melt into his arms. Don't cry, Amelia. He started to rub my back, which made it harder to not break down. Don't cry. I swear to god, if you cry.

"Let's go pack." I said. We packed a suitcase and got in bed. I flipped over to face him and snuggled into him.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" He asked, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"For loving me." I said. He smiled and kissed me.

"I'll always love you." He said. I snuggled into him as close as possible.

"Night." I yawned. He kissed my forehead.

"Night, sleep well." He said. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

*****************
"Flight 450 to Los Angles, California is now boarding." We stood up and walked to the plane. We found our seats and sat down. They began the safety speech and finally, we took off. I laid my head on Owen's shoulder and felt myself lightly dozing off.

"Amelia, wake up." I heard the voice of my husband waking me up. I lifted my head off of Owen's shoulder and gathered my surroundings. I could see tiny buildings out the window, indicating that we were landing soon. We landed and there was Addison, Jake, and Henry. The four year old boy ran over to me.

"Aunt Amewia!" He yelled. I picked him up and he wrapped his tiny arms around my neck.

"Hi buddy!" I said, ruffling his hair.

"Who is dat?" He asked, pointing at Owen.

"Well, Henry. This is Uncle Owen." I told Henry.

"Hi Uncwle Ow!" He said, reaching his arms for Owen to hold him. I handed him to Owen and we walked to Addison and Jake.

"Addie!" I said, wrapping my arms around Addison's neck, hugging her.

"It's so good to see you Amelia!" Addison said. She gave Owen a quick hug, as they have met when Addison has visited in the past.