Happy Birthday (Part 1)

Prompt- It's Amelia's birthday, and Owen gives her an unforgettable gift. (Omelia isn't married in this one shot)

•OWEN POV•
It's Amelia's birthday, and Maggie wanted to throw her a party.

It's the perfect opportunity for me to propose to her. I've been carrying a ring around for a week now, waiting for the perfect opportunity.

I wrapped a big box, and put another wrapped box inside. Then there's another, and another. Finally, the small velvet box is there. On top of it, there's a post-it note that tells her to give it to me. That's when I'll get on one knee.

***************
Amelia just opened what she thought was the last present.

"Wow, thanks guys. You didn't have to do this." Amelia laughed, handing me the wrapping paper. I put it in the trash bag and got up. I grabbed my present for her. "Who's this from?" She asked.

"It's from me. Just open it." I said, feeling a rush of being excited and nervous. She began to unwrap it, and she saw the box inside the box.

"Seriously Owen?" She asked. I just smirked at her. She continued to unwrap all the boxes, and was met with the post it note. She furrowed her eyebrows and handed me the box. I stood up in front of her.

"Amelia. I had this big happy birthday speech planned. But looking at you, you're just so beautiful that I forgot what I was gonna say. I know I'm being cheesy, but it'll only get cheesier. Amelia, I love you. I never thought I'd be able to love again. But when I met you, you were like a breath of fresh air. I know you're the one, everyone knows. I don't want to waste any more time. I want to be your husband. I want to start building a life with you. I want you to be my wife," I got on one knee, causing everyone in the room to gasp. "Amelia, will you marry me?" I asked, opening the case. Amelia just stared at me, in shock. A tear rolled down her cheek as she slowly began to nod.

"Yes, I'll marry you." Amelia said, grabbing the back of my head and kissing me. Everyone clapped and cheered for us.

When we pulled apart, I slid the ring on her finger. She stood up and pulled me up, hugging me tight. I kissed her head and held her tight. I felt my shirt getting a little wet.

"You okay?" I whispered in the hug, peeking at her. She nodded.

"Yes, I'm okay. I'm just happy." Amelia said, smiling and hugging Owen tighter. Everyone in the room said "awwww" at them. Owen closed his eyes and nuzzled his nose in her hair.