~Embarrassing moments and Hating Myself~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
War Zone Chapter 15
~Embarrassing Moments and Hating Myself~
(Season 5 episode 2) (Part 1)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat still as the rough rag ran over my neck for the third time.

"Abigail it's not gonna come off with out water. I'm sure we could spare just a little to get the blood off of you." Carl said as he pulled the rag away from my neck.

"We aren't wasting water." I sighed, grimacing as I picked at the dried blood  that covered most of my neck.

He huffed, grabbing the water bottle I had been telling him not to use and pouring some of the water on the rag before I could argue any more.

"Carl-"

"Shut up and sit till." He told me as he ran the now wet rag across my neck, making the discussing feeling of blood go away.

"We could have used that water." I grumbled.

"Well I could no longer sit next to someone who smelt like a walker." He said back, cleaning my, also covered in blood, cheeks.

Judith sat next to us, playing with Daisy's ears, who was laying down letting out huffs and growls every now and then.

We were all taking a small, kinda, break I guess you would say. Trying to gain some energy by sitting in the woods. Well some of us sat. Most of the group stood, watching around the woods to make sure we were safe.

I felt Carl pull the rag away from my face before asking. "Is that better?"

I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me, very close to my face might I add. I smiled back to him before whispering. "Very much."

He chuckled looking in to my eyes. It was very rare I ever saw Carl smile, and I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't like it.

I slightly bit my lip as I unintentionally studied his smile, looking at it made me forget that we were in the middle of the god damn apocalypse. It made me fell, I don't know. Safe? I looked back at his eyes to see they were focused on my lips but they quickly made their way back to my eyes, a slight blush creeping its way over his cheeks. I licked my bottom lip and stared at his eyes that reminded me of the ocean and I could have sworn I saw him start to lean forward just a bit.

And that's when Judith cried.

I jumped back and felt myself starting to blush, suddenly realized where I was. I looked around to see no one was looking.

Well no one besides Glenn and Maggie, who were smiling and looking away quickly once they realized I saw them. Damn.

I picked up the baby bottle with the pink cap, tossing it to Carl, who was also completely red in the face.

"She is probably hungry." I said, avoiding all eye contact with him, I stood up and started to walk to god knows where with Daisy immediately following me.

Back to the same old routine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were walking again, weapons in hand in case of walkers or anything else.

Daisy right next to me with a bag strapped securely around her. She holds the food and water. I'm glad to know that they don't look at this dog as just a dog, but as an actual part of the group. Someone they can trust with supplies and to have their backs if needed. I've come a long way since the girl that had to stay in a cell with her dogs to an actual group member. Someone they actually care about.