~Singing and Smiling~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
War Zone Chapter 6
Singing and Smiling
(Not an episode)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped out the doors of cell block A. I was fully recovered. I wasn't that bad, it was at an early stage still so I healed quickly. Glenn's still in there but he's almost fully recovered.

I smile as the sun shines on my face and I breath in the somewhat fresh air. I don't really think any air is fresh anymore.

I look over the field and the first person I see is Carl. He's helping his dad with farming, like always.

I run down the courtyard and out to the field, still not being noticed by Carl. As I get closer Rick notices me. I put my finger to my lips and tiptoe behind Carl.

Rick chuckles at my childish action and that catches Carl's attention.

"Wants so funn-" Carl lets out a girlish scream as I jump on his back, wrapping my legs around his hips and my arms around his neck. He grabbed under my knees and steadied himself.

I laughed loudly in his ear.

"Guess who is back and fully recovered." I chuckled.

"Oh I didn't even notice you were gone." He joked.

I slapped the back of his head as I jumped off his back.

"Ow." He said as he clutched his head.

"Glad you're felling better, Abigail." Rick chuckled.

"I'm glad to be back. After what happened two days ago I'm glad things are starting to look brighter around here." I said.

"Us to." Rick said.

I turned on my heel and started to walk to cell block C.

"Where are you going?" Carl asked.

I turned around and walked backwards. "I'm going to get my dogs." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I enter the cafeteria I hear my dogs whining.

I smile as I walk over to the cage and open the door. They immediately run out and jump on me, knocking me over. They start licking my face and I giggle, lightly pushing them away. I stand up and walk outside, this time my dogs following me. I smile as the sun hits my face again.

I walk around the courtyard, just enjoying the sun. I start to hum a familiar song. I was trying to think of where I had herd it and also trying to remember the words. After a few minutes I remembered it was my mom that use to sing it. She sung a lot of those songs whilst cooking.

"Together we struggle by are will to survive.....

And together we fight just to stay alive

Struggling man, no time to Lose"

I jumped when another voice joined in.

"Struggling man, no time to Lose"

It was Beth. She walked closer to me and kept singing.