The Hurricane Storm

Alex POV

No no no. How do I say no to this. I break away from the kiss and look at Eliza. She looks helpless but also surprised that I broke away so quickly. The bus had stoppped, it wasn't my stop, but I ran out onto the sidewalk.

I like Eliza, but no like that. She's a sister to me, not a lover.

I had a while to walk to go back to the apartment, but I wasn't going to sit on that bus any longer than I needed to.

It was raining outside, hard. There was no sounds except the sound of the patters of the rain on the pavement. It's quiet uptown. I never liked the quiet before. I had to get back to the apartment. It started raining harder. And harder. No, keep going Alexander. Don't think of it, stop, don't think of......

The hurricane.

Then everything went black.

John POV

Ugh. Football can make me so sweaty. I put the key in the door and opened up. I expected to see Alexander in there. Sitting on is bed with that cute little smile, probably typing on his computer. He hasn't been here long, bu I already know that he loves to write, whether it's for school or not. But, he wasn't here. He should've been here about 20 minutes ago if he took the bus. Hm, maybe he was with the sisters or one of the guys.

I sit my stuff down on my bed. I got out my homework and started writing. I couldn't write anything that didn't have to do with Alexander. I tried to work but I all I could think about was Alex. It started to rain pretty hard out there. I should call him and just ask where he is.

I called him. No answer. I called again. Still no answer. Dang it Alex!

I decided to call Angelica. She was the oldest of the Schuyler's, she should know what's going on.

Angelica - Hello?
John - Hey Angie! Does Alexander happen to be over there.
Angelica - No, he hasn't been here.
John - Can you ask Liza and Pegs?
Angelica - Eliza has been in her room since she got home. Hasn't come out. She won't even let me in! But I can check with Peggy.

*1 minute later*

Angelica - No, she hasn't seen him.
John - Okay, Im gonna call Laf and Herc! Ah! I gotta find him!
Angelica - WAIT ALEXANDER IS MISSING.......

I hung up and called Laf.

Laf - Hello mon amie!
John - Laf! Have you or Herc seen Alex anywhere?!
Laf - Pardon, he isn't here, nor have any of us seen him? Have you asked the sisters?
John - Yeah, I can't find him. He should've been here like a half an hour ago! He has no other friends! And it's like a hurricane out there and IM SO WORRIED ABOUT HIM LAF!!!
Laf - Shhh....it will be okay John.
John - I'm going out there.
Laf - John! You can't go out in there! That storm is getting plus gros (bigger) and plus dangereux (dangerous) a la minute (by the minute) You can't go out there!
John - I have to find him Laf.

I hung up on a screaming Laf yelling out French curse words. I got my jacket,hat, and boots and ran out there. The wind was getting stronger and there was water that seemed to be flooding the streets. It was knocking over people trash cans and there were no cars outside that didn't seemed to be parked or crashed. Laf was right, this storm is getting worse by the minute. It seemed to take a minute just to walk a few inches. The wind kept pushing me back.

Once I was a while away from the apartment, I fell and tripped on the ground. I could barley see though the wind and things flying through the air. It was Alexander. Or his body. No.