05| RADIO SILENCE

Are we supposed to act like everything is okay even when it is not?

     THOUSANDS of emotion pouring down into her veins until she found herself speechless. The entire cells of her body that had been extinguished since he disappeared from the living world, now gradually raises the hue globule of life. Cassandra hugged him tightly, doesn't even care whether he can breathe or not. Stiles looks exactly the same as the night he was taken by the Ghost Riders, the red plaid shirt plus its familiar scent, his brownish hair that looks a bit messy than usual delineates how desperate he was here. But, he's still the Stiles Stilinski she knows.

The tears full of emotion was naturally flowing out of her eyes, none of them wanted to alter from their positions. Stiles was afraid that if he let her go everything will be back to nothing, as if she was just part of an illusion.

"My dad is in the hospital," Cassandra finally broke the silence between them, her voice cracking in each word. "Me and Malia, we– we're not currently in a good terms. Scott, Lydia, Liam and everyone, they still cannot remember fully all about you. Isaac is mad at me, and– and you're not there with me, Stiles."

Stiles slightly shushed her and stroked her hair gently, "It's okay. It's going to be okay. You don't have to be afraid anymore, I'm here–I'm always here."

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you that night."

"No, Cassie, it wasn't your fault. You still remember me–that fact alone is the most important thing of all."

She let out a breathless laugh, "You know it will be hard to forget someone like you, Stiles."

"I get that a lot." He told her, laughing a bit. "How's everything outside?"

"Everything is completely a mess." She mumbled, gripping his shirt in the process. "It was like as if this is the end. And I don't know if I can survive until the end."

"You have to survive for me, Cassie. I want to see all of you when I get out of here, it means please, no dying on me." Stiles replied. "All the bad things definitely have an end, trust me all of this will not last forever."

Not a moment later, they pulled away but still hooked her hands on his grip. Cassandra studied the entire look on his face, his brown irises used to be gleaming but now looks more hollow, wrinkles on his forehead also rupturing the condition of his heart. She could tell that his whole body and mind filled with doldrums and fear, perhaps even a slight of skepticism whether they could find him or not.

Before she could say anything, a familiar voice that actually she didn't expect to hear it again, disturbing their little reunion. "Well, well, if this isn't Kate Argent's beloved niece."

Stiles stepped aside to reveal the one and only Peter Hale, standing a few inches behind him next to a stranger guy. Cassandra scowled deeply, "Peter? What are you doing here?"

"What do you think? I'm here, he's here, you're here, that means they've caught us all."

"Hey," Stiles dismissed Peter as he suddenly shifted a few steps in front of her, shielding her from the stranger guy. "Why are you staring at her like that?"

The guy startled and instantly aimed more attention to Stiles. "She came out of the door. We didn't see her brought by the Ghost Riders."

Peter raised an eyebrow before his expression changed, as though he just realized it. "He's right. How did you do it?"

This time, Stiles also showed an interest in the fact that Cassandra comes from one of the doors. He explained briefly that they've tried the door, but they just ended up on the other side of this slammer, and apparently only the three of them would durst to try it since everyone here either in a comatose or catatonic. She mentally cringed when she saw the expression on their faces. Expectation flushed their faces as if they thought that she could help them get out of here.