Chapter 1- Life Altering

Edited By- Nelle   @fatgothgf   

Renee's POV

Thank God that is over. I knew I wanted to be a writer but damn, that publisher is very hard to please.

I'm very proud of my work, giving myself a mental pat on the back. I look down to the newly released copy of my book, 'A Wolf's Heart'. I'm a paranormal romance reader and writer.

Man I need a cup of coffee. I've been up all night waiting for this to come in the mail. I was so restless, and now it is finally here.

I walked back to my bedroom and headed to the bathroom to get cleaned up. After a shower, I threw on a pair of white laced undergarments, white skinny jeans and a peach colored v-neck t-shirt. I laced up my floral combat boots, grabbed my red satchel off the couch, along the book I am currently reading, and headed out the door.

I locked my door and walk down the steps away from my apartment. Walking down the street with my book in hand I made my way to the closest cafe. I looked down at my phone for a quick second.

Forgetting to look where I was going, I walked into a brick wall, though soft and warm at the same time, and before I knew it, I was falling. Before my ass hit the pavement, a pair of strong, warm, and extremely muscular arms wrapped themselves around my waist. When we made contact, tingles spread throughout my body.

"Sorry, I was not watching where I was going," I mumble, trying to get untangled from his arms to pick up my book that fell to the ground when we collided. Keyword - TRYING.

"MINE," a deep masculine voice growled from above me, tightening their hold around my waist as I tried to emancipate myself from his arms. Let me tell you, his arms were like iron bars. You would end up having to lacerate his arms from around me; and oh god that voice made me shiver in delight and it really turned me on.

Looking up, up some more, and up a little further, I finally found his face. Man, this dude was tall. He has to be at least 6' 9" to 6' 10", and me being 5'3", he's like Mount Everest. He flashed me a dazzling smile. His teeth were white as snow. Okay, now I sound cheesy.

We were staring at each other until I heard someone clear their throat. Snapping back to what was going on around me, I finally got out of the person's hold.

"Sorry about that...." I said dragging out the end for him to fill in his name.

"Levi. Levi Cole," he responded all the while checking me out head to toe.

I looked back at the man who called himself Levi and saw a smirk plastered onto his face. I felt my face flame up a rosy pink color. How embarrassing, I thought. I'm just so nervous. I have never talked so much in one instance and to a guy, a sex god at that. I don't know what it is that made me talk like that but whatever it is, it's not good. I have to get away from them.

"I have to go. Um... I will see you later. Bye." I ran off to the cafe and grabbed a frappe. They're the best.

When I got back to my apartment I had already downed my drink. It was then that I realized that I never did pick my book up off the ground. Just my luck. I was almost done with the book, and I was at a really good part. I guess I will have to get another copy.

I headed into my bedroom to brushed my hair and pulled it up into a bun. I went back to my room and threw on a pair of cotton pajama shorts and a tank top. I shut off my light and walked to my bed and snuggled into my comforter.