Alpha Dog

So I was reading an alpha and omega Sabriel oneshot earlier Friday (because I know I'm not still just writing this today. It's probably like next Wednesday or something). Normally I don't like reading those because I don't like dom/sub relationships very much, but there was something about this one.

To sum it up, I got the idea for this one while I was grinning after I finished reading the fic. Yay me.

Hey, it's funny, so just enjoy. And listen to Alpha Dog by Fall Out Boy while you do XD

Gabriel hated having to go through his cycle. Cas made sure he was always gone on "business" for his, which sucked ass to be perfectly honest, because then Dean never had to know.

With Sam, it was an entirely different ballpark. Cas was typically gone for days at a time, so he could get away with it. Gabe, on the other hand, had spent some much mojo on healing the boys after their last trip and was lazy enough that for him to disappear wasn't just suspicious, but also basically impossible.

That said, the archangel was stuck here until the cycle was over. He'd have to lie low or fake sick or something; he'd have to come up with a plan later.

What's a cycle, the audience might ask?

Angels went through a sort of period. Similar to a female's, all angels had an unbalanced hormonal system every three months, on the dot, for a week exactly. They would cry easy, be irritable, and most of all, unstably horny.

This cycle made sure the angel currently afflicted with the agonizing bullshit was striving to find their mate. Once they were mated, they didn't go through the cycle anymore. Really shitty, but kind of generous, in a way.

Gabe had yet to find anyone that could put up with him enough to mate with. So, he was doomed to yet another cycle.

And it just HAD to be when he couldn't leave the bunker.

He'd just have to be extremely careful around Sam. While Gabe was head over heels for the hunter, Sam didn't feel the same. He'd have to keep himself in check.

***

Sam had just finished making a Greek chicken alfredo when he heard the sound of Gabe yelling at a tv show. He frowned and peeked into the living room to check on the angel.

Gabe was watching Girl Meets World. Sam raised an eyebrow. "You okay, Gabe?"

The archangel froze at the voice. He turned, tears down his cheeks. "I'm fine," he babbled. "I just remember this cast."

Sam blinked. "Okay," he drawled, confused.

Gabe waved a hand, only crying harder.

***

This continued to happen. Over and over, Sam would catch Gabe acting out of his norm. First there had been all of the crying, which was worse than a woman on her period, he swore. But there were other things, too.

Like the anger management.

Sam had been relaxing on the couch, reading his book, when he heard Cas and Gabe. The archangel seemed pissed and on the edge of tears, his voice shaking drastically as he babbled nonsense.

"How can you say they weren't a ship? Johnlock is the most real ship I've ever shipped!" Gabe was yelling.

"Please, Gabriel, calm do-"

"Don't even start! Don't tell me it's just the cycle because I'm more concerned about you not shipping Johnlock!"

Cycle? Color Sam confused.