006 ; the sun and the moon curse

[06. the sun and the moon curse]

( v. it aint me | selena gomez )

SKYLER SAT IN THE COLD CAR WITH LAYLA AND MARINA

SKYLER SAT IN THE COLD CAR WITH LAYLA AND MARINA. She of all people had to be the one to go to find this student of Professor Isobel. "Can someone turn on the heater." She says.

"Nope." Damon says. Elena looks annoyed at him. I mean he did kill her brother. They were all yelling at each other about if Damon knew if Jeremy had a ring on or not.

"Can you all just shut up!" Marina screams. "Okay." Elena says. They all fall back into there seats. "Layla you can see the future and past, did he know?"

"I shouldn't tell you that." Layla says. "I knew you didn't know!" Elena screams. "She didn't even say anything!" Damon screams. "Okay! Okay! I tell you. But no one can gloat or cry or explode." Layla says.

"He didn't know." Layla says. "Damon Salvatore, I'm never gonna talk to you ever again. I hate you." Elena says softly. She falls back into her chair.

Skyler looks at Layla with a disappointed look on her face.

■■■

"But the bunnies are so cute Stefan." Lucy says. "Isn't killing small defenseless animals like the next step to becoming a serial killer." Lucy says. "I think Caroline skipped serial killer and went straight to vampire." Stefan informed her.

"Can you guys please stop talking about me!" Caroline says irritated. She turns back around and the were two giggle.

"Are you serious about this Caroline, because if you're not you can tell me." Stefan says.

"No I am. Look, I swear that I am okay? But it's just...I haven't been in the sun for days and everyone is at the swimming hole having fun and Matt is there! And he finally told me that he loved me but I have been blowing him off and now you want me to eat bunnies and I'm kind of freaking out okay?!" Caroline says.

Stefan starts laughing.

"And now you're laughing at me."

"No, no, I'm not laughing. None of this is funny, trust me. It's just that..." Stefan says. "What?!" Caroline responds.

"When someone becomes a vampire, all of their natural behaviors get sort of amplified." He says. "What do you mean?" Lucy says even though she knows.

"I mean...as a human I cared deeply for people, how they felt. If they were hurting I felt their pain and I felt guilty if I was the one who caused it and as a vampire all of that got...magnified." Stefan says.