Chapter Seventeen- A Vague Plan

“We have to go after him!” yelled Katrina, her face contorted with rage. “Someone named Michelle is going to kill him!”

Fade stared at Katrina in utter shock. “My mother’s name is Michelle, and those men wore the markings of her private mercenary army, the Ghosts.”

Katrina raked Fade with a calculating glance. “What are you proposing we do, then?”

“Daddy will be okay,” a small, flute-like voice piped up from behind the two soldiers. Sarah was sitting up, her eyes two bright orbs of hope and warm love. “Remember what he told us at the mall? When we get lost, just meet him at our house.”

Fade and Katrina exchanged a quick glance. How are we going to get home, though?  wondered Katrina.

“There’s a Ghost base a click from this location. We can hijack a helicopter and fly.” Fade said quietly. He fiddled with a lone grass stem and peeled it apart. He shook his head. “It’s silly and outlandish, but there is a slim chance that it  will work.”

“That’s a chance I’m going to take,” growled Katrina. She clambered to her feet, and flipped the strap of her gun over her shoulder. “Let’s go.”

Squaring her shoulders, Katrina squinted out into the newborn sun. I’m coming for you, Dad.