Prologue

Prologue:

I stared at myself in the huge mirror with a big smile on my face. Today was my wedding day and I am about to marry Ryder Fitzgerald, one of the most wealthy business man in America.

I met Ryder about 7 months ago when his parents, as well as himself, showed up at my house. That's when both my father and Mr. Fitzgerald dropped the bomb about how they arranged a marriage for both Ryder and myself when we were born.

My father and Mr. Fitzgerald were very close ever since they were younger. Ryder was born almost 3 years before me, but when my parents found out that they were having a baby girl, they automatically told the Fitzgerald's and that's when they made their little promise to set up the arranged marriage.

I only turned 20 two months ago and now I'm getting married. To say I was not upset when my parents told me that Ryder and I would be married, would be a lie. I mean, who wouldn't? I just graduated Stanford, majoring in Business.

My entire high school life was me studying 24/7. I was extremely focused on my studies and graduated with 15 college credits my senior year.

I was finally able to rest and have a little bit of fun with my life. I did not want to rush into marriage, but when Ryder walked through my front door, I was so captivated by his big brown eyes and pearly-white smile.

Unfortunately, after about 3 months into meeting Ryder and preparing for our forced marriage I found out that Ryder has been seeing a girl by the name of Stephanie and they loathed me for ruining their chances of getting married to each other.

My heart was torn in two when I found out the truth and whenever Ryder and I were alone together he'd ignore me and when he did talk to me, his tone told me that he hated my guts. Of course, when we were in front of friends and family, Ryder treated me like a princess which definitely ruined any progress that I had to get over him.

There was a sudden knock that took me away from my thoughts and I quickly composed my self and plastered a fake smile back onto my face.

"Come in!"

My mom and dad walked in with grins on their faces.

"Oh honey! Look at how beautiful you are!" My mother stated with tears in her eyes.

"You are the most beautiful girl in the world Jess. We are so proud of you." My dad said as he hugged me tightly.

"Thanks mom and dad. You both look amazing."

"Oh please sweetie, this is your day. It does not matter how we look." My mom said as she grabbed my hands.

Another knock was heard and all pairs of eyes turned to the new visitor. At the door stood my future in-laws.

"Oh Matthew! Look at how beautiful our daughter-in-law is!" Mrs. Fitzgerald whispered with tears in her eyes.

"Ryder is truly lucky to have you as his wife Jessica. You are breathtaking." My smile fell just a bit when Ryder's father said that. I knew I wasn't the girl that Ryder wanted to be marrying today and my heart pained with just that thought but I instantly hid that to the best of my ability and smiled in appreciation to Ryder's parents.

"Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Fitzgerald. You are both too kind."

"Oh please darling, we are practically family now. Call us mom and dad."

"Of course, mom." I replied as I hugged her tightly.

"Excuse me Jessica. The ceremony is about to start." My wedding planner said at the door way.

My parents and soon-to-be in-laws wished me words of luck and took their seats.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the room and in front of the doors to the chapel.

"Are you ready honey?" My father asked as I linked my arm with his.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

The music started and the doors opened and I shivered as all eyes were on me.

This was it. I was finally marrying the man I loved but who did not return that love back to me.

This is my new life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello lovelies!

I'm sorry that his prologue really sucks. I just wanted to fill in a bit before I really got the story started.

I'm super excited to be starting this story.

I hope you all will stick with me and read this story.

Updates may be a little slow but please stick with me through it.

Comment your own input. I'm very open to any suggestions.

Thank you.

Love,

Smileslovely