Chapter 12

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!!! D:

Keep in mind, I decided to change the order of the story just a bit. So the chapter in Ryder's P.O.V. is going to follow this chapter. Please do not get too confused, this was the easiest way for the story to flow better. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Jessica's P.O.V.*

"Landon, I swear to god if you throw me into the water I'm leaving you." Marisa threatened as she slowly moved away from her husband. 

"But sweetheart, it'll be fun I promise." Landon replied with a huge smirk on his face.

"Fun for who exactly, darling?" Marisa replied sarcastically with a glare.

"Let's find out" with that Landon sprinted over to his wife while she turned on her heals and ran for her dear life. 

"Oh god, someone please tell them to stop!" Hayden exclaimed right next to me. He had a disgusted look on his face and acted as if he was throwing up.

"Oh come one Hayden, we all know you're just jealous." Tyler teased as he pushed Hayden over. The two boys then began to wrestle each other in the sand.

We've been at the beach for about 30 minutes now, waiting for the sun to set. Sam, Drew and Keaton were trying to start a bonfire. I laid down on the blanket and pulled on my sunglasses. The sound of the soft waves and the sound of people laughing and having fun really calmed me down. I feel so at ease right now. I didn't realize how much stress I have been under these past few months, but I couldn't be happier that my friends all cared about me so much to all come here and take me out. I just feel at home with them. 

Even though at times I feel like I'm missing something, an emotion that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it was longing to be around Ryder? Or wishing I was still at home with him. Well my old home. I hate myself for feeling like this, I wish I could just forget him. The amount of times that I've cried because of his should be reason enough. But when I think about Ryder, all I can think about are the times when we were out in public and he smiled at me lovingly and help me close. Even though those were all an act, those are the only memories I want to have of Ryder, happy ones. When I was happy with him. 

I also miss Linda, Richard and Harold. When Ryder wasn't around and my friends were busy working, they were the only ones I would really talk to. Making friends with other high society people didn't interest me at all. I already had friends that I could count on, there was no need for anyone else because I didn't need anyone else. 

Suddenly there was a large shadow that appeared right next to me. I quickly sat up and took off my sunglasses. Looking down at me I saw Connor with a huge smile on his face.

"Care if I join?" Connor politely asked. 

"Of course, please do." I scooted over and gestured for him to sit down.

"So, what were you thinking about?" Connor suddenly asked. I looked over at him confused. "It looked like you were in deep thought before I came over. That's all." 

"Oh nothing much. Just thinking about how glad I'm back here. I've missed the ocean so much. Before I just stayed home and read all day, but this is much more relaxing." I said with a small smile on my face as I looked at the ocean. It seemed as if it went on forever. I glanced over to Connor and was surprised that he was already staring at me.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I asked cautiously as I started to rub my face.

All of a sudden Connor laughed and pulled my hands away from my face. "Don't worry, there's nothing there. I was just surprised at how content and happy you looked just then. Over at the restaurant it seemed like you didn't want anyone to see you. But seeing you with a genuine smile on your face really does light up the entire world." I blushed in response and looked down at my hand.