jin

Stage Name: Jin (진)
Full Name: Kim Seok Jin (김석진)
Position: Vocalist, Visual
Birthday: December 4, 1992
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Height: 179 cm (5'10" 1/2)
Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Birthplace: Gyeonggi-do Gwacheon
Family: Parents, older brother
Hobbies: Cooking, playing videogames on the Nintendo, taking selcas
Twitter account (all BTS members share 1 single twitter account): @bts_twt

Jin facts:
– Is in charge of cleaning up the dorm
– His favorite number is 4.
– His favorite weather is Spring sunlight.
– If he was a girl, he said he would date Jimin because he is shy and someone like Jimin would help him open up and be social.
– His role model is T.O.P from BIGBANG.
– He blinks his left eye when he is hungry.
– His favorite color is pink.
– He also likes Disney princesses.
– He is a very good cook.
– He enjoys looking at photos and recipes.
– His favorite foods are lobster, meat, and naengmyeon (Korean cold noodles).
– According to the other members, he has the best body in Bangtan.
– Jin's ideal type is a girl whose looks and personality is similar to that of a puppy, who's good at cooking, kind and takes good care of him.

"I can see others, but not myself if I've grown from all this experience, that's because my guys were there to push me ahead."

–Jin, 2017.11.03, Macau.

Kim Seok-jin (김석진), known by his stage name Jin (진), is a South Korean singer-songwriter and composer. He is one of the vocalists and the visual in .

Early life and education

Kim Seok-jin was born on December 4, 1992, in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. His family consists of his mother, father, and older brother.

While in junior high school, Seokjin was scouted by off the street, but he rejected the offer at the time, believing it to be a scam. He initially intended to be an actor, attending Konkuk University and graduating with a degree in art and acting on February 22, 2017. He is currently enrolled in graduate school at Hanyang Cyber University, pursuing studies in areas other than music.

Career2013–present: BTS

Jin shooting "" comeback trailer in 2018.

Jin was scouted by for his looks while walking down the street. At the time, Jin was studying acting and had no background in music. On June 13, 2013, Jin made his debut as one of the four vocalists in BTS with their debut single album . Jin released his first co-produced track, a solo single from the album Wings titled "", in 2016. The song peaked at number 31 on the Gaon Music Chart and six on the Billboard World Digital Singles Chart. In December 2016, he released a Christmas version of "" on SoundCloud.

On August 9, 2018, the second solo by Jin, "", was released as a trailer for BTS' then-upcoming compilation album . The song was described as a "building pop-rock melody" by Billboard and contains lyrics discussing self-acceptance and self-love. The full version of the song was eventually released as a track on Answer, peaking at number 30 on the Gaon Music Chart and four on the Billboard World Digital Singles Chart. In October, he was awarded the fifth-class Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit by South Korean President Moon Jae-in along with other members of the group.

2015–present: Solo activities

Jin co-hosting 2018 KBS Song Festival.

Jin collaborated with fellow BTS member on the song "", released as part of the original soundtrack. He also joined BTS member to sing and release an alternate version of "", a song from BTS member 's self-titled mixtape . 's Jin solo covers include "" by Ra.D, "" by Mate, and "", originally by Yoon Do-Hyun in 1994. They were released on SoundCloud on May 7, 2015, December 3, 2015, and June 7, 2018, respectively. He has also made several appearances as a co-host for Korean music award shows, such as Music Bank and Inkigayo.

On June 4, 2019, Jin released his first independent song "" as part of the event, a yearly event celebrating the anniversary of the band's debut. The acoustic ballad was composed by Jin alongside Big Hit Entertainment record producers Slow Rabbit and Hiss Noise. The lyrics, written by Jin and BTS leader , are inspired by Jin's relationship with his pets. The track was met with a generally positive reception, with praise directed towards Jin's vocals and the song's chill atmosphere.

Artistry

Jin singing "" in 2016.

Jin is a tenor and can play the guitar and the piano. His singing voice has received generally positive reviews, gaining acknowledgment among other musicians for his vocal strength. Journalist Choi Song-Hye, writing for Aju News, noted that Jin's vocal stability was highlighted on BTS singles such as "" and "" while his emotional range stood out on tracks like "", off BTS' mini-album . Hong Hye-min of The Korea Times described Kim's "tender, sorrowful, free-spirited" voice as the standout element on the solo ballad "Epiphany", while critic Park Hee-a stated he "sings the most sentimental emotions" out of all solos. In addition, Park's review for the Korean Music Awards cites Jin's belting on "Fake Love" as what "proves [the song's] effectiveness". Members of the Grammy panel described Jin's voice as a "silver voice" in Kim Young-dae's 2019 novel BTS: The Review, due to his stable breath control and strong falsetto.Influence

In 2018, he was ranked as the 11th most well-known idol in South Korea, via data collected by analytics company Gallup Korea.

Philanthropy

In December 2018, Jin donated various suppliers to the Korean Animal Welfare Association to celebrate his birthday, purchasing food, blankets, and dishes for the organization. That same day, he donated 321 kilograms of food to the Korea Animal Rights Advocates (KARA), another Korean animal welfare non-profit.

Since May 2018, Jin has been a monthly donor to UNICEF Korea, requesting that his donations be private at the time. They were eventually publicized following his induction into the UNICEF Honors Club in May 2019 for donating over ₩100 million (about US$84,000).Personal life

As of 2019, he lives in Hannam-dong, Seoul, South Korea. In 2018, Jin purchased a luxury apartment in South Korea worth US$1.7 million. Despite owning an apartment, he continues to live with the members of BTS in Hannam-dong. Additionally, he and his older brother opened a Japanese-style restaurant in Seoul called Ossu Seiromushi in 2018.