Part 6 (Edited and with extended ending)

Start from the beginning

“Temper, temper” another voice teases from the doorway... is this a freaking pack meeting in my room or something? I would kill him if he wasn’t actually interesting to talk to and somewhat fun to be around... Did I really just say that? Though a lot of that involves me teasing him due to his poetry collection I may or may not have discovered when I was snooping.

“Zane do you want me to hit you?” a growl sounds in response and the devil himself appears around the comer followed by Kaige  making there be three males in my space...(seeing as Marcus seems to have slipped out) goodie. I tense as I realise I have been basically blocked from any exit from my room. Without thinking a harsh growl vibrates through the room from me. They look startled at my sudden spike in anger but I ignore that watching them all calculatingly... I will not be trapped, being locked in this house has already almost driven me insane but this is not acceptable.

“I suggest you idiots fucking move from her doorway and stop blocking her in” Marcus calls from the hallway... at least someone has half a brain, I growl again in agreement and they quickly move from my space. I breathe in deeply and allow myself to relax... I may be getting used to them but there is a fine line between trusting and wanting to trust.

Marcus appears and nods to me while I give him a small smile in response which makes the others bristle slightly... I can’t say I’ve found means to smile much yet. Could they blame me?

: ‘Pack meeting now’ Cole orders :

And of course I have no idea where that is or exactly what that implies... brilliant, just brilliant. I glance over to the guys to find Quinn and Kaige have already disappeared leaving Zane and Marcus. “Care to show me the way?” I ask.

“This way” Zane signals to out the door a smug smile tugging at his lips.

“Ha ha, very funny” I scowl but walk towards them all the same. I stop momentarily and then decide it’s pointless. I walk off down the hallway hearing grumbles behind me. Suck it up princesses. I’ll find it by myself. I unblock the link from my mind and of course there’s a sudden stream of voices but I ignore them and instead find myself looking at the link itself. This feels familiar... holy shit this feel familiar. I search deeper within the link and find Cole and then try to determine his location. Suddenly it’s like I’m within his mind and I know where he is. Holy shit... that was weird but I know I’ve done it before. This must be those powers they keep talking about. Sweet. I really should look more into those sometime.

I rush off down the corridor and hear the sound of footsteps racing behind me. I run down a long, wide set of stairs and onto the second floor, I then turn to go under the stairs and slide the hidden door across before moving along another corridor and past another sliding door and then finally I slip the latch on a large black door revealing the rest of the pack already gathered. I smirk as I hear the others come racing up behind me... I’ve always been the fastest.

Cole looks up with a sly grin on his face and I narrow my eyes. What did he do? I have already blocked the link out again on auto-pilot so I have no clue as to what might be going on. I cannot deal with them in my head right now no matter how bloody empty of memories it may be. “Have fun in my mind?” He asks suddenly his rich voice full of amusement. He knows, of course he knows. Damn it didn’t think of that.