Chapter Two

Dom! I hadn't realized just how much I had missed him. Feeling his presence once the plane landed filled my body with a joy I didn't recognize. Was this what I was missing while I was gone? A deeper thought demanded to know if the hole of not having Dom around is what caused seeing Mike to be so intense. I don't know.

The plane taxied to its spot. I happily bounced in my seat with anticipation- bag in hand. As soon as the attendant lowered the stairs, I was out of my seat rushing out the door.

“Thank you!” I shouted over my shoulder.

Dominic stood in all his glorious beauty just off the tarmac. He was clad in all black. His sleeveless shirt showed every tattoo that had been expertly carved into his skin. I had never seen Dom look like an avenging angel until that moment- it was breathtaking. I rushed into his waiting arms.

“Emma!” His word was an electric jolt to my system.

“Dom.. I've missed you so.” I sobbed out at him.

“Almost a whole week and no word. I was so worried, mia bella. I was beginning to wonder if I should contact the school about you having a late start.” His pout was visible.

“Almost a week?!” I didn't believe I was gone that long.

“Yes! Did you fall into a black hole? How could you not know how long you were gone?” His eyes pierced my very soul when he looked so deep into mine.

My heart beat just slightly faster, but it didn't matter, he'd hear it if it was just the slightest increase. “ I, ah, was, um, away. You know that.” I smiled sheepishly at him.

He seemed to debate within on whether or not to push the matter. The decision was clear- he would allow it to drop for now. I still wasn't sure just how much of my trip I should reveal to him. “So, we're going to have to get you settled and ready for classes as they start the day after tomorrow. I went by to get your schedule, but they said there was some last minute changes and that you could pick it up on the first day.” Dom lingered over the thought that the changes might have to do with my trip- I could easily read it on his face.

“Wow! Time flies fast. So what needs to get done?” Dom's bike was behind him, he handed me a helmet.

“Come on. Let's start by getting you home.” He tied my bag to the back of the bike and then hopped on.

“Kay.” I climbed on behind him, the very scent of him sent waves of excitement through me- clearly I had missed him.

The ride home was a mixture of flashes of places I knew and loved and whirls of blurred images. The night sky was kissed with the brisk fall air that I loved to feel sweep across my face. I wanted to lean back and feel the moonlight dance its way over my skin, but I didn't want to throw the bike off balance.

Emma, mia bella, I missed you so. Did you at least have a pleasant trip? His words tickled my mind in the most intense way.