Legolas looked a little apprehensive about my flaming sword. “Even if you cheat, I can still beat you.”

I held my sword up high, and let out a mischievous cackle. Legolas took a step back and steadied himself as I advanced forward. With a simple swoop of my sword, our weapons clashed together. I had no idea what was going to happen, never before had I been able to create flames by a snap of my fingers.

“Ouch,” Legolas yelped as he threw his hot red twin knives to the ground. My flames must have made the knives too hot to touch. At the perfect time I trip Legolas and pin him to the ground.

“Still think you can beat me?” I smiled cheekily and extinguish the flames on my sword.

“Fine. You win,” Legolas and kissed me on the cheek for my reward. I was about to lean in and kiss him back, but we were interrupted.

“Ewww Gross!” Reinya walked over to us, twirling her boomerangs idly, “Get a room.”

Legolas bowed his head, I knew he was annoyed with Reinya, but what could we do. “Sorry,” I whispered quietly in his ear so that Reinya could not hear.

I turned my attention away from Legolas, “What's up Reinya?”

“I just wanted to practice with my boomerangs,” She said, shrugging, catching the dangerously twirling boomerangs. “And bug you and Legolas, that’s always fun. I’m so bored here! I need to get out, kill something. Preferably an Orc or Ravaonna, but I’m not choosy. But I will be very sad if I don’t get to kill Ravaonna or an Orc, actually. Nevermind. I’m going to kill Ravaonna! Or an Orc! Whatever I find first!”

Reinya turned, and started to walk away before letting out an annoyed scream and falling to the ground, landing hard on her back.

Legolas stifled a laugh unsuccessfully. I shot him a look, before moving closer to my friend. “Reinya?” I asked cautiously, full aware of the boomerangs in her clenched in her fists. Whenever she got like this, in my memories as Elinya, she was unpredictable and easily irritated, more than usual.

“Go get my horse, please,” Reinya groaned. “Let’s go on a raid, let’s go kill some Orcs. I know you want to!”

I took a step back, not knowing how to answer this. “But..you’re in line for being queen of Mirkwood now. Are you sure?” I asked, trying to get Reinya to understand she couldn’t do what she normally did as she had normal once when she was not married to Gorell.

“I am frickin’ sure!” Reinya exclaimed, sitting up, sliding her boomerangs back into their sheaths in a quick, fluid motion.

I resisted scolding her with her rash language and actions. “You can go on your own if you want to risk your life.” I said dully. “Orcs and Ravaonna are armed, and they can kill you. I just suggest you don’t go out, because if you die, what will Gorell think?”

Reinya was silent. “How come you are so good at showing reason?” Reinya asked weakly, and I knew I had won.